Simon Woolford 'expects' to leave Huddersfield

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just maybe, bouncing this off the wall a bit, there is more involved than RL. Family, promises to partner etc. Speculating about someone's career whilst basing that judgement upon how Fartown are performing is a bit of a narrow view, in my opinion, of course.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, lucky 7 said:

Just a complete waste of money.

The money they are paying him would have been better spent on British talent.

I would say Giants do invest in British talent!!

Did you not see the number of both British and club developed players we fielded last night. 

26 minutes ago, davet said:

Did you not see the number of both British and club developed players we fielded last night. 

The supporters association raised £14,000 last season to aid the development of junior and academy talent, not a huge amount but £14,000 less for the club to worry about.

On 05/09/2020 at 20:47, davet said:

Just imagine how much more British talent they and other clubs could produce if they stopped wasting money on over the hill players from the NRL.

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I agree, yours was exactly that. 

So  you would sooner your club bring in over the hill Aussies than British talent.

It's thinking like that is the reason why we haven't won a world cup since 1972 and an ashes series since 1970

1 minute ago, lucky 7 said:

So  you would sooner your club in over the hill Aussies than British talent.

It's thinking like that is the reason why we haven't won a world cup since 1972 and an ashes series since 1970

Not really . We haven’t won because we haven’t been good enough .We’ve put out 17 very good players but Australia have always been better 

2 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

So  you would sooner your club bring in over the hill Aussies than British talent.

My club brings through British talent and adds to it by dipping into the Antipodean market, which is vital to being a top side and vital to the development of our Academy players. It’s not and either/or thing. It a balancing act, partly down to the Quota rules but also the club and its beliefs and philosophies, as it is at all clubs. 

It’s simplistic, parochial thinking like yours behind the game not growing beyond its tired and deprived roots, which is also a very small factor in the reasoning behind England/GB being so poor for so long. 

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

My club brings through British talent and adds to it by dipping into the Antipodean market, which is vital to being a top side and vital to the development of our Academy players. It’s not and either/or thing. It a balancing act, partly down to the Quota rules but also the club and its beliefs and philosophies, as it is at all clubs. 

It’s simplistic, parochial thinking like yours behind the game not growing beyond its tired and deprived roots, which is also a very small factor in the reasoning behind England/GB being so poor for so long. 

It's thinking like mine which will grow the game in GB, not parochial thinking like your yours.

Archived