Simon Woolford 'expects' to leave Huddersfield

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Aye, of course it is 🤣 I suggest as well as shifting xenophobia, you work out what parochial means. 

I'm fully aware of what parochial means, but I'm not sure you do.

Perhaps you could give me a list of non Australian players who have won grand final rings in the last 5 years.

5 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

I'm fully aware of what parochial means, but I'm not sure you do.

Perhaps you could give me a list of non Australian players who have won grand final rings in the last 5 years.

Lomax, Makinson, Percival, Grace, Fages, Walmsley, Roby, Thompson, Knowles, McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Amor, Ashworth, Smith, Tomkins, Manfredi, Gildart, Sarginson, Davies, Williams, Powell, Flower, Greenwood, Bateman, O’Loughlin, Sutton, Farrell, Clubb, Escare and Navarette.

That’s just the past two grand finals and that’s 29/34 (or 85%). It’s even higher if you include Leuluai, Peyroux, Taia and Naiqama, who aren’t Australian, you’re then on 33/34. But you know that. Obviously. 

Lomax, Makinson, Percival, Grace, Fages, Walmsley, Roby, Thompson, Knowles, McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Amor, Ashworth, Smith, Tomkins, Manfredi, Gildart, Sarginson, Davies, Williams, Powell, Flower, Greenwood, Bateman, O’Loughlin, Sutton, Farrell, Clubb, Escare and Navarette.

That’s just the past two grand finals and that’s 29/34 (or 85%). It’s even higher if you include Leuluai, Peyroux, Taia and Naiqama, who aren’t Australian, you’re then on 33/34. But you know that. Obviously. 

So that leaves a lot of Aussies doesn't it.

Now how many non Australians have played in the last 5 NRL grand finals , which will confirm my point, and it and i would guess less than 5%

Just now, lucky 7 said:

So that leaves a lot of Aussies doesn't it.

Now how many non Australians have played in the last 5 NRL grand finals , which will confirm my point, and it and i would guess less than 5%

It leaves one Australian in two years that’s won the Super League Grand Final. One. 

Waerea-Hargreaves, Liu, Taukeiaho, Tetevano.

4/34 players selected by Roosters in their back-to-back wins. So actually more than 5% and more “non-Australians” (your words) to win the NRL in the past two years than “Australians” to win Super League in that period.

So, yeah, we’ve established that there’s been one Australian whose won the Super League Grand Final in the past two years, four non-Australians in the Roosters’ two Grand Final winning sides over that same period and yet Australia are still better at Rugby League than England/GB. So yeah, you’re argument is poor. 

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It leaves one Australian in two years that’s won the Super League Grand Final. One. 

4/34 players selected by Roosters in their back-to-back wins. So actually more than 5% and more “non-Australians” (your words) to win the NRL in the past two years than “Australians” to win Super League in that period.

So, yeah, we’ve established that there’s been one Australian whose won the Super League Grand Final in the past two years, four non-Australians in the Roosters’ two Grand Final winning sides over that same period and yet Australia are still better at Rugby League than England/GB. So yeah, you’re argument is poor. 

Read my question again.

You seem very addled.

Anyone got an idea who might replace Woolford then? (Sorry to get back on topic.)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Add Daniel Tupou (Tonga) and Joseph Manu (NZ). 30% of last years winning team were 'non Australian'

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

18/68 “non-Australians” have played in the previous two NRL Grand Finals. A grand total of 26.47%. So, you’re still proper wrong. Just leave it. Don’t make yourself look any dafter. 

Oh dear. I struggle with unlettered people like you who struggle with basic English.

I'm use to dealing with educated people not bovine people like you.

I will have to put you on my ignored list as clearly you are not part of the intelligentsia i like to debate with.

Huddersfield must be one of the most unlucky teams going. How many times have they lost be a golden point or less than 2 or 3 points in the last few games.

I think it's not the correct decision here, but it seems that the hierarchy wants him gone rather than him leaving out of choice 

2 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

Huddersfield must be one of the most unlucky teams going. How many times have they lost be a golden point or less than 2 or 3 points in the last few games.

I think it's not the correct decision here, but it seems that the hierarchy wants him gone rather than him leaving out of choice 

Huddersfield are definitely on the upwards curve and have been very competitive. Shame as he looked to be building something there.

Think he took on a tough assignment when he took over and has done a great job in helping to move on some of the older players while bringing a vast array of younger players.

Whoever does replace him will need to continue to back the youth policy or it will be another couple of years with no progress being made.

On 06/09/2020 at 20:19, lucky 7 said:

Oh dear. I struggle with unlettered people like you who struggle with basic English.

I'm use to dealing with educated people not bovine people like you.

I will have to put you on my ignored list as clearly you are not part of the intelligentsia i like to debate with.

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀...... 

oops.... I meant

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂... 

51 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Who’s in the intelligentsia ? 

Dunno.  Maybe me, I suppose.  What does 'intelligentsia' mean?

Archived