Simon Woolford 'expects' to leave Huddersfield

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, davet said:

Personally think James Ford would be a great shout. Good opportunity for him to progress further.

Done a great job with York.

Still got a job to do at York , more potential at York in the long term.

On 14/09/2020 at 22:04, Wood1 said:

At the risk of repeating myself has anyone got any ideas who might be replacing Simon Woolford at Huddersfield?

Depending what happens at Toronto there must be a possibility that Brian McDermott might return to the club where once he was an assistant coach

Did him and Thewlis have 'Words' or is it a cost saving exercise, either way in this truncated season it's no great loss, and he seems to have struggled with the player's to hand so might be for the best.

19 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Did him and Thewlis have 'Words' or is it a cost saving exercise, either way in this truncated season it's no great loss, and he seems to have struggled with the player's to hand so might be for the best.

Can't see it being a cost saving exercise considering he was out of contract in the next couple of months.

After the announcement on Monday, I think this was the inevitable outcome.

Sad to see him go, as I thought he came to the club with no real expectation to deal with and a lot of "dead wood" players on the books. The squad is still in a state of upheaval so will be interesting to see how quickly a new coach is announced so that they can bring in any players that they want. 

2 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

I feel there RL version of Newcastle United. For me they shouldnt have sacked Paul Anderson but hey ho.

I’ve never heard them claim they’re a massive club, or that they have the best (ie most gullible) fans in the world tbf. 

On 06/09/2020 at 19:32, Hela Wigmen said:

Lomax, Makinson, Percival, Grace, Fages, Walmsley, Roby, Thompson, Knowles, McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Amor, Ashworth, Smith, Tomkins, Manfredi, Gildart, Sarginson, Davies, Williams, Powell, Flower, Greenwood, Bateman, O’Loughlin, Sutton, Farrell, Clubb, Escare and Navarette.

That’s just the past two grand finals and that’s 29/34 (or 85%). It’s even higher if you include Leuluai, Peyroux, Taia and Naiqama, who aren’t Australian, you’re then on 33/34. But you know that. Obviously. 

All those names and not one from Leeds.

Archived