Huddersfield

Sticklebricks

I was thinking exactly the same and looking at a Huddersfield fans site a lot of their fans are mentioning Chris. Hopefully he wants to see out his contract and continue the excellent work he’s done so far. On Huddersfield I think Simon Woolford has done well there with limited resources so unless he wants to leave, and it didn’t really come across like that, can’t really see why they wouldn’t offer him a new deal.

4 minutes ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

Keep the faith they've just said on Sky if they look internally they've Luke Robinson. You've got Lee Radford, Shaun Wane, Anthony Seibold as examples. 

I think Thorman will be here to see out his deal. 

Hopefully marra you’ve just got to think that he’s well thought of at the giants, you would think it’s only a matter of time before he ends up at the giants, but hopefully not for a few years yet at least until he’s finished his plan for town utt

12 hours ago, Sticklebricks said:

Hopefully marra you’ve just got to think that he’s well thought of at the giants, you would think it’s only a matter of time before he ends up at the giants, but hopefully not for a few years yet at least until he’s finished his plan for town utt

He was given a chance here too so hopefully as u say he'll see out his contract 

Best thing to happen to us for quite some time , but you only have to listen to him to see he’s destined for a lot higher so , much as I want him to keep building here , you couldn’t begrudge him the opportunity 

Cant see him being given the head coach roll quite yet at a super league club. Possibly as assistant to Luke Robinson?? Or someone else with previous super league experience. 

Hope he stays for as long as possible. He is genuinely help build the clubs foundations

2 hours ago, townie88 said:

Cant see him being given the head coach roll quite yet at a super league club. Possibly as assistant to Luke Robinson?? Or someone else with previous super league experience. 

Hope he stays for as long as possible. He is genuinely help build the clubs foundations

Wouldn't surprise me to see Lee Radford in the hot seat at Huddersfield or even James Ford. 

11 hours ago, townie88 said:

Thorman was interim coach at the Giants so does have experience but he'll probably be offered an assistant role (if he even applies).

3 hours ago, Town utd said:

I think the time is not right yet for thorman to take another coaching job, I'm sure if Chris is successful at town next season,a lot of super League clubs would look to employ him👍

Yes . Chris looks the type who wants to see through a job . With this season scrubbed out he’s only just starting really and is setting a lot of things in place . I think ( hope ) he’ll want to see it develop and come to fruition .  Proving himself fully with results at a club on and off the pitch will set him up for a bigger job 

20 hours ago, townie88 said:

He's got a hell of a lot more coaching experience than Robinson,if the Giants went that route you'd think it would be the other way round,Robinson assistant to Thorman.

23 hours ago, Davo5 said:

He's got a hell of a lot more coaching experience than Robinson,if the Giants went that route you'd think it would be the other way round,Robinson assistant to Thorman.

Robinson has 5 years of being assistant coach at SL level under his belt so I'm not sure how you could say Chris has more experience than him, particularly at that level.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

20 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Robinson has 5 years of being assistant coach at SL level under his belt so I'm not sure how you could say Chris has more experience than him, particularly at that level.

No he hasn’t he only finished playing in 2016 and then was coaching the academy before moving to assistant last year.

Not that it matters he’d probably take either role.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived