Irish RL Grand Final live-streaming now!

Futtocks

On 10/09/2020 at 03:46, damp squib said:

Táim go maith Kiwi, agus tú féin? I'm fluent but not a native speaker. I grew up near the Gaeltacht though.

Gabhaim buíochas maith, i had to google that response hopefully its the correct way to say I'm good thanks? Very interesting that you speak Irish and support Rugby League, Im Irish and Scottish so would have had ancestors who spoke Irish and Scottish Gaelic. Im happily surprised that local Irish rugby league players in the Irish Grand final are able to speak Irish and the game in Ireland got some Irish Language coverage as a result.  Does anyone know if Ronan Micheal is still with Huddersfield and what are his chances of playing Super League in the near future? Are there any other current Irish based players who look they could handle playing professionally? 

2 hours ago, kiwis 13 6 said:

Gabhaim buíochas maith, i had to google that response hopefully its the correct way to say I'm good thanks? Very interesting that you speak Irish and support Rugby League, Im Irish and Scottish so would have had ancestors who spoke Irish and Scottish Gaelic. Im happily surprised that local Irish rugby league players in the Irish Grand final are able to speak Irish and the game in Ireland got some Irish Language coverage as a result.  Does anyone know if Ronan Micheal is still with Huddersfield and what are his chances of playing Super League in the near future? Are there any other current Irish based players who look they could handle playing professionally? 

Coventry Bears have got Peter Ryan (who incidentally is fluent in Irish) 

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/arid-30983318.html

Mikey Russell, was also signed from the Irish league and was an excellent player. Moved home due to personal circumstances but for me was one of the best players in league one and could have made it higher. 

There's plenty of talent in Ireland and if players are given the opportunity they'll be able to show it. 

Archived