5 @ 5 plus one

Batley Bob

6 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with Sammut, seeing as Leigh have signed Ellis from HKR and Wallace from Toronto over the weekend and have also put a bid in for Benji Marshall and are making noises about signing Albert Kelly.

Whilst I don't for a minute think Marshall or Kelly will end up at Leigh, they still have Josh Woods on the books, which would seem to leave Sammut scratching around for a place in the side. Either one of Wood or Sammut would be a very welcome addition to White at the Mount. But I guess it will come down to how much we can stretch the budget.

I'm a little surprised London have let Morgan go to York, he looked very impressive in the game I saw him in. He was a real stand out performer.

The (unreliable) rumours are that Sammut was told by Leigh that he could find another club and that club might prove to be in the North West.

London are making some economies and isn't Morgan a York lad?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

35 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

The (unreliable) rumours are that Sammut was told by Leigh that he could find another club and that club might prove to be in the North West.

Fev lad is Morgan 

dad played for York John Smith 

grandad for fev Peter Smith 

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I'd no idea where Morgan Smith was from until ktf posted above. I'd not heard of him tbh until I'd seen him in a televised game and he was very impressive, they mentioned he had played for Warrington previously.

However, it was only one match, but he was that good he even managed to stick in my fading memory. I look forward to seeing how he goes for York next season, hopefully he will not be as good when he plays against the mighty dogs. 

Regarding Samutt, I'd not heard anything except the stuff posted on here a while ago, but after Reynolds went to Toulouse I just figured Sammut was likely to play along side Woods, then they signed Wallace and Ellis. 

Archived