Red Devils snap up Watkins

I think this is good business for Salford. Watson appears to believe in his players and has the ability to install the same self belief in his playing staff, a lot of whom have been cast off or written off. It’s not too long ago when Watkins was one of the first names on the England team and I hope he can recapture his form of old. Good luck to both parties 

Happy to see Watkins get a gig.

Hopefully with a fair amount of rest he can put his injury problems behind him and after an off season over in Australia he looked as fit as he has been in a long time.

He is still only 29 and could have a few good seasons left.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

He was starting to look like his old self this season. Salford may well have snapped him up at the right point in his career.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Really happy for him. Like a few Brits going to the NRL he chose the wrong club to go to (Ryan Hall at the Roosters was always daft given their depth on the wings) and he shouldn't have tried to play last year, as he was embarrassing himself.  If he gets fit he's a super player, one of the very few English SL outside backs with real physical presence.  A shame he didn't stay at the Titans as they are starting to look more promising than for some time. 

Outstanding signing by Salford if Watkins can hit the heights of previous years, every chance he will do so under Watson, and that backline of Escare, Sarginson, Sio, Lolohea etc looks extremely dangerous with the addition of Watkins.

3 minutes ago, To Be Confirmed said:

Or Salford was the club he supported as a kid, played a big part in becoming involved in Rugby League and was a ST holder all through his childhood.

Yes, I believe he joined the Salford Academy as a kid before moving to Leeds.

As a Wigan lad it would have meant the world to me to have represented the club if I was good enough.

I guess some people don't get that.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

On 07/09/2020 at 17:26, DG70 said:

Outstanding signing by Salford if Watkins can hit the heights of previous years, every chance he will do so under Watson, and that backline of Escare, Sarginson, Sio, Lolohea etc looks extremely dangerous with the addition of Watkins.

Yes, if Salford can keep that lot uninjured, they should be well worth watching.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived