If licensing returned?

Oldbear

15 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I haven't been to Sheffield's new ' stadium ' , but I have been told it lacks ' atmosphere ' , which is fine and you're happy with watching them and the enjoyment you get from it , that's fine 

I go to the games , enjoy my time with family and friends , I like to be entertained , but I also go because of the emotion I feel when we score , win , lose , and the overall excitement of the prize we play for , and that is also fine 

I won't tell you what to feel , don't tell me what to feel 

Overall I'd guess that the club I support ( Leigh ) have won more RL games than any other pro RL team in the world over the last 20 years , so in theory I should be ecstatic at that fact , but I'm not , I'd rather us have spent more time losing in SL than winning in the Championship , but I also wouldn't want to be stuck at the bottom of SL year on year with nothing to lose 

People are different , we think differently ,feel differently , want different things , I want P and R , if it goes then most likely like last time I'll go as well , as did around a thousand others at Leigh lastt time 

Maybe that won't matter for the sport , maybe it will , nobody actually knows 

Yes. Oh yes...... except the leigh bit!!😊

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/09/2020 at 09:23, Steve Slater said:

It's a common problem, many folk make assumptions on matters they know nothing about. Mistakes are also made over local geography, and very little outsiders understand the demographics of the Wakefield MDC, which has a population of 350K, by the way, at least half of which is scattered around the eastern end of the district with Pontefract as its hub, a good 10 miles away from Wakefield. Pontefract is less than 3 miles from Fev and no more than a 20 minute walk.

Crikey! I wish I was as fit as you Steve.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Depends what you define as Ponte to Fev.....

3 miles in 20 minutes if his post is correct.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 07/09/2020 at 09:08, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The 'major' county cricket leagues in the UK?

Most of the top players dont play in County Cricket.  It is a minor league.  And yet again if we look to Australia, the top grade do not have relegation.

i would hope that any licencing would take into account past recent financial history of a club .  

if Toronto were not allowed to bid for a place i would think it only right not to allow other clubs who have had a bad financial situation within the last 5 years to apply as well.

it would certainly whittle down the list of eligible clubs 

2 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

i would hope that any licencing would take into account past recent financial history of a club .  

if Toronto were not allowed to bid for a place i would think it only right not to allow other clubs who have had a bad financial situation within the last 5 years to apply as well.

it would certainly whittle down the list of eligible clubs 

Yeah but a 4 team Superleague would get pretty boring.

1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

Most of the top players dont play in County Cricket.

They do. Internationals take precedence but all England players have a county contract and all the major domestic tournaments feature world class players from every other cricket playing country.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived