2021 squad

Callum Linford 98

21 hours ago, gillmeister said:

We are very much putting together a squad that might not on paper be the best in the league but should be very well suited to the new rule set that has been introduced.

Gary Hewer is a great appointment, not sure what is happening with FFMM but IMO money will be better spent on Gary and the long term benefits he will bring than short term player salaries

Have to agree he's been brilliant to us has Moimoi but he'll be 41 by the time we start again. 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

Have to agree he's been brilliant to us has Moimoi but he'll be 41 by the time we start again. 

Agree but would love to see him go round again, just as an impact player  - always lifts the team when he comes off the bench and with, hopefully, fans back would give him a great send off season to a great career.

The squad list on our website is constantly updated now and has Holroyd and Ramsden added already. Looking at that it lists Fui Fui as a player so guessing he is staying on another season.

He was previously also listed as a coach but seems to have been removed from the staff section now.

On 21/10/2020 at 19:20, dkw said:

New signing, Brad Holroyd from Leigh, been on loan at Rochdale. Scrum half i think.

Brad (when we actually picked him) played on the wing, probably one of our quickest players we had, but we loaned him out to St.Helens academy, which I found quite bizarre. No idea what position he played for them, but he certainly knows where the try line is on the few occasions I saw him play for us. Good luck to the lad, hope he goes well for you....

16 hours ago, clogdance said:

Brad (when we actually picked him) played on the wing, probably one of our quickest players we had, but we loaned him out to St.Helens academy, which I found quite bizarre. No idea what position he played for them, but he certainly knows where the try line is on the few occasions I saw him play for us. Good luck to the lad, hope he goes well for you....

Cheers mate, ill be honest I took he was a 7 from his twitter name 😅

On another note great to see Town doing their bit for the area, collecting food and toy's for those that need it , it's been an unbelievable year and some have really struggled, if we all do our bit and support this we can hopefully make a bit of difference to some people's lives, well done all , UTT 

On 23/10/2020 at 08:16, Callum Linford 98 said:

Rumour is that Fui will be playing for Rochdale next season.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

5 hours ago, Derwent said:

Rumour is that Fui will be playing for Rochdale next season.

I’ll be sad to see fui go if true always enjoyed it when he came on, always gave his all, but maybe the time is right for A younger more mobile Type of player, the way the game seems to be moving with set restarts  and no scrums it has just got so much quicker, look forward to his replacement utt

He has been a pleasure to have at the club and to have watched if fans are allowed back he will get a heroes welcome next season, but I am sure we will be freeing up a big chunk of the wage bill which we can spend on other personnel or the off field structures.

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

3 minutes ago, Town utd said:

fui gone that leaves a big gap in towns squad,not the biggest pack so interested to see who town sign to replace him👍

Like you I’m excited to see who comes in ,but I’m sure Chris has it covered, sad to see fui go good luck to him always have a soft spot for the moi moi utt

Good luck to Ffmm, was a real pleasure to watch him for the last three years in the blue and white.  Interesting that Andy Mazey the Rochdale chairman has put on Twitter that the signing was outside their budget and thanks sponsors for helping with the signing. Hopefully frees up some of the budget to help with the development programme Gary Hewer talked about on the radio. While it’s brilliant to have players like Fui  at the club,  for long term sustainability it will be excellent to identify local youngsters and bring them through under the guidance of Chris and Gary. That has got to be the way forward and I don’t think we could  find a better pairing to do it. 

Archived