2021 squad

Callum Linford 98

Gutted to hear confirmation of the News we all knew was coming.

Fui Fui has been an absolute pleasure to watch and never seen a game where he gave less than 100% a great Clubman and all round Gentleman.Good luck in your next chapter but do feel longer term this is the right thing for the Club as we look to Chris and Gary to develop and young mostly local based team that will reap benefits for years to come

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another good young Cumbrian prospect signed up. I’m sure he’ll benefit from Chris’s coaching and look forward to seeing him in the blue and white. Welcome to the club and well done to the bod. UTT

Been speaking to a lad from Millom and out of all the players that Millom have produced recently he said that losing Ethan is the one he's most gutted about, and although he's only young he thinks the lad has what it takes to potentially make it all the way to SL if he works hard enough ( and no he wasn't related to him - well apart from they are all kind of related in Millom aren't they?)

Hope he is right!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Around about the 50’s there was a cricketer called Ted Bickerdyke played at Workington. Is young Ethan any relation?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

A great signing. You will always need a couple of out of county players in your squad but it certainly gives a feel good factor when you see young Cumbrians signing for the club. The foundations being laid are excellent and win, lose or draw it’s going to be great watching the development of the squad over the next couple of years. Well done town. UTT

Hes a good solid player disappointed when he left haven hes a very fit player my only concern for him was he isn't the biggest forward in terms of weight and he found it hard at pro level to gain yards but another chop at it will do him good best of luck to Jordan tomposh 

15 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Hes a good solid player disappointed when he left haven hes a very fit player my only concern for him was he isn't the biggest forward in terms of weight and he found it hard at pro level to gain yards but another chop at it will do him good best of luck to Jordan tomposh 

Think he was used wrong at Haven, he was used in the front row which, I agree, he struggled due to not being the biggest. That said, he never took a backward step and always carried the ball strong. If Town use him in the back row he will go well.

Archived