2021 squad

Callum Linford 98

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the squad on the website there’s 26 signed on. That’s probably the strongest squad we’ve had for quite a while, so a big well done to the board and Chris. You get the impression with the type of player we’ve gone for we could be watching( hopefully) an exciting brand of rugby. 

Great news getting these lads signed on we all know what Dec, Jake and Calvin can do and it's exciting to have young lads willing to learn their trade at town and watching them develop under Chris, things are looking good and we look like we are building for the future and not short term, well done everyone concerned and welcome back to the club lads. UTT

9 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Great news getting these lads signed on we all know what Dec, Jake and Calvin can do and it's exciting to have young lads willing to learn their trade at town and watching them develop under Chris, things are looking good and we look like we are building for the future and not short term, well done everyone concerned and welcome back to the club lads. UTT

More great signings for you guys! I agree, it does look like you are building for long term rather than short, that being said, have these guys signed for a couple years or just the one? Wouldn't like to think they're going to jump ship soon as Ottawa start up again? 

Gotta fancy your chances of promotion next season with no ottowa and barrow/newcastle not getting promoted to championship.  Jake Moore in my opinion was our player of the year until he got that bad injury and missed a big chunk of the season in 2019

54 minutes ago, Town utd said:

looking at Dec, O'Brien, Henson,same type off number 9 strong players ,marwood has that bit of pace and backing up game I'm sure Chris could make marwood into a running half or full back with his pace?

I've heard use may be getting Forrestor back who could fill in the halves if needed 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2021 at 16:34, Town utd said:

any news on squad numbers ?

Know as much as you mate, anyone know about shirts? I thought season ticket holders who donated got there names stiched in but they haven't said owt

Hanley signed on till the end of 2022 season is great news. Bed into the pro game no bother and seems a switched on young man. Look forward to see how he goes this season.

Is Miller in training? Yet to see him on any of the social media posts. Or have I missed something.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Preseason friendly against Barra on the 18th

I know it will be behind closed doors, but is at home or away? Whenever we have played Barrow in friendlies before it has always been at Craven Park.

Archived