2021 squad

Callum Linford 98

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

How can any team be red hot favourites for anything 5 months before the season starts,we don’t even know if all the clubs will be still around never mind how strong they will be.

I see your point but I'll hazard a guess the other championship clubs who are a lot closer to the main RL areas will be strengthening too so I'll stand by my prediction thanks. Being an outpost leaves us at a massive disadvantage. 

3 hours ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

I suppose its a case of how u want to measure success.. Yes Whitehaven are in the Championship but the results were poor. Now the locals are being replaced by Australians/New Zealanders. While we are retaining and fetching on good local players  that's good to maintain the longevity of the club 

This type of comment is used everytime either Town or Haven is in a higher league or when they sign someone out the county. Both clubs do it and each set of fans love to mention it. Its proven that to be as competitive as others in the championship you cant just do it with local players. 

3 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

This type of comment is used everytime either Town or Haven is in a higher league or when they sign someone out the county. Both clubs do it and each set of fans love to mention it. Its proven that to be as competitive as others in the championship you cant just do it with local players. 

Finally someone without rose tinted glasses on  

On 19/09/2020 at 17:29, Luke Murphy said:

Thunder fan here, spoke to a few of the lads and I know for a fact that you’re in for one of our forwards/back rowers, right player and gutted to be frank, worked under Thorman before. 

Guessing Colton Roche then? Hope so anyway because he was outstanding when on DR with us and i was gutted when he went to Newcastle instead of us

Worrying noises from the Government though that crowds may not attend sporting events until possibly the end of March , if that is a possibility how can a Club like ours plan for such an eventuality ? Without crowds our League is a non starter , the delay will put pressure on finances again , the Players would possibly have to train for months without knowing exactly when matches can re-start ,we need the RFL to step up here and come up with a plan to cover such a scenario .

Difficult times ahead. Non league football seem to have successfully reintroduced crowds. Im sure DP would be able to adopt social distancing measures comfortably based on last year's attendances. 

The bigger question is when will testing become affordable/available for the players to return?

Archived