Sign in to follow this  
Callum Linford 98

2021 squad

It would be great to have two successful teams,and it’s nice haven hope to do better than last season , but I’m still quite chuffed with towns signings so far with more to come utt

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

How can any team be red hot favourites for anything 5 months before the season starts,we don’t even know if all the clubs will be still around never mind how strong they will be.

I see your point but I'll hazard a guess the other championship clubs who are a lot closer to the main RL areas will be strengthening too so I'll stand by my prediction thanks. Being an outpost leaves us at a massive disadvantage. 

20 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Very pleased pal the kid is top class got some real quality in the side this year 👏

I'm hearing Jake Moore has signed for Ottawa , announcement in a couple of weeks, good player and decent goal kicker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

I suppose its a case of how u want to measure success.. Yes Whitehaven are in the Championship but the results were poor. Now the locals are being replaced by Australians/New Zealanders. While we are retaining and fetching on good local players  that's good to maintain the longevity of the club 

This type of comment is used everytime either Town or Haven is in a higher league or when they sign someone out the county. Both clubs do it and each set of fans love to mention it. Its proven that to be as competitive as others in the championship you cant just do it with local players. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Its proven that to be as competitive as others in the championship you cant just do it with local players. 

True . I doubt it’s ever been the case 

3 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

This type of comment is used everytime either Town or Haven is in a higher league or when they sign someone out the county. Both clubs do it and each set of fans love to mention it. Its proven that to be as competitive as others in the championship you cant just do it with local players. 

Finally someone without rose tinted glasses on  

Edited by Havenfan13
  • Haha 2

On 19/09/2020 at 17:29, Luke Murphy said:

Thunder fan here, spoke to a few of the lads and I know for a fact that you’re in for one of our forwards/back rowers, right player and gutted to be frank, worked under Thorman before. 

Guessing Colton Roche then? Hope so anyway because he was outstanding when on DR with us and i was gutted when he went to Newcastle instead of us