Squad for 2021

graham fisher

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

After being badgered by BSJ I have now created a thread for the comings, goings and stayers put. 

Please leave that free for any further changes and make comments about them on this thread only. 

Excellent. It will keep you off the streets.

Would you consider LG as an addition to the retained list as he has signed a new 3 year contract?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 30/09/2020 at 20:58, Crown Flatter said:

Squad numbers added to current players. 
Numbers not used so far:

5, 9, 15,, 20, 22, 27, 28

I hope 5 is being saved for Will Oakes .... hopefully he can finish his loan season with us!!   ... gave us a more solid defence down that side .. and runs very strong!

2 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

I hope 5 is being saved for Will Oakes .... hopefully he can finish his loan season with us!!   ... gave us a more solid defence down that side .. and runs very strong!

Are Hull KR retaining him?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

58 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

I think if Hull KR retain him we’ll get him next season if they don’t then I don’t think we’ll be able to compete for his signature.

I believe that his contract was due to expire in 2020. He wasn't in their 2020 squad that was on their web site.

Also note that Brierley is leaving HKR at the end of this season as they can't afford a better contract for him. In other words money will be a bit tight at Craven Park.

Surely there must be a couple of care homes left you haven't looked in for a couple of players??

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

12 hours ago, myview said:

Who will be our replacement  half backs if either Sykes or Finn are unavailable?

Given that the season is unlikely to start before April and that the beginning of serious training will also be put back I can't really see much point in signing on new players just yet, can you?

On 04/10/2020 at 11:46, Blind side johnny said:

Given that the season is unlikely to start before April and that the beginning of serious training will also be put back I can't really see much point in signing on new players just yet, can you?

That's it then for Dewsbury I take it? I see Bradford are still at it 😉

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

It's healthier than his other obsessions!

It was going really well until I realised I was allergic to rubber and pain 😳

• 2 weeks later...

You may have seen that Liam Johnson has left the club and joined Doncaster. 
When Lee Greenwood said that most of the players who wanted to stay had done so and others have moved on, I wondered about those who seemed to be in limbo. Now we know that Liam has moved to pastures new, is it the same for such as Sam Moorhouse,as I have heard nothing about him and are there any others in the same situation?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

48 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

You may have seen that Liam Johnson has left the club and joined Doncaster. 
When Lee Greenwood said that most of the players who wanted to stay had done so and others have moved on, I wondered about those who seemed to be in limbo. Now we know that Liam has moved to pastures new, is it the same for such as Sam Moorhouse,as I have heard nothing about him and are there any others in the same situation?

It may depend upon their contracts, which formally run into November.

Also I believe that the club has a policy of not commenting about players leaving until they themselves want it to be made public. This seems reasonable to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived