Squad for 2021

graham fisher

On 14/04/2021 at 19:21, silcoates said:

It's ridiculous that we don't have second teams these days in RL.We need to bring on young half backs like Mark Keyworth and Chris Vasey from the past.

Sadly, the likes of the Keyworth's, Vasey's and Carl Gibson's would not be signing for the likes of Batley or Dewsbury second teams, even if we had them.

They would be snapped up by Leeds on FT contracts, earning more than our proven championship quality players in the first team.

See Jack Broadbent as an example.

Even if they turned the money down and they signed for a Batley or Dewsbury. As soon as they showed any signs of promise, they would be snapped up under the Bosman ruling as soon as their contract expired and of no benefit to the club.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More departures announced, these being, Jamie Greenwood, Frazer Morris and Jimmy Beckett, here supposedly on a season long loan, has returned to Featherstone!

Jon-Luke Kirby, reported as being our best player at Swinton, has returned to Huddersfield as he has a recurrence of an old injury  

I have also learned that another player has left, but as I have seen nothing official, I will refrain from naming him.

On the credit side in comes Dewsbury born Sam Wood (centre) from Huddersfiekd, for a couple of matches.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

12 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

More departures announced, these being, Jamie Greenwood, Frazer Morris and Jimmy Beckett, here supposedly on a season long loan, has returned to Featherstone!

Jon-Luke Kirby, reported as being our best player at Swinton, has returned to Huddersfield as he has a recurrence of an old injury  

I have also learned that another player has left, but as I have seen nothing official, I will refrain from naming him.

On the credit side in comes Dewsbury born Sam Wood (centre) from Huddersfiekd, for a couple of matches.

So, looking at your updated squad CF, I make that 24 players on the roster, 2 injured, one out on loan and two in on loan.

That is looking a bit thin, isn't it? A couple more injuries and you may have to dig your boots out again.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

19 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

With no reserves, not surprising that players not getting picked are leaving. Kirby looked a good player but if he's injured not much point bring on loan. Beckett has good potential, but another loan player. Guess Morris may have got fed up being overlooked in favour of young loan players. Even with 24 players, still means 7btrain8ng and not getting picked.

Archived