1895 Cup: Boxing Day start ???

Therein73

After the Autumn Cup idea being dropped. there seems to be discussion amongst Clubs regarding an early start / revised format for the 1895 Cup......... With a possible Boxing Day start.

Not pooh-poohing the idea as such, but I wouldn't have thought we or Batley would want to lose the revenue from our Boxing Day 'challenge' ...... I like the idea of Boxing Day being the last 'warm up' game though before the quest for the 1895 Cup begins on, say, New Year's Day.............  Thoughts anybody ???

It isn't long to Boxing Day. I am unsure if we will be actually playing anyone by that time.

If we do, and under whatever guise, I look forward to being there.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Just now, fredm said:

If they are waiting until a vaccine is fully available I reckon we will be wearing shorts and sunglasses before we watch a game.

January it is then...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Much as I'd like to want to watch a Boxing Day match it's hard to see it happening. This virus isn't going away until a vaccine is developed and for part time players who have jobs, it's hard to see how they can arrange games with any confidence.

I think you'll be right....Pity we aren't as important to the economy as other things...I see I can still go to the cinema and pop into Leeds for a bit of shopping.  I can even join the masses in Dewsbury Asda on a Saturday morning but as deaths climb to double digits I suspect it will be quite some time before we see a match

Sorry to be the pi$$er of bonfires.. But I just can't see us starting, winter will be here and the casualtys will rise and we could easily do 12 months without championship rugby league, we're well down the pecking order of sports so no help there. 

Game below super will change drastically 

The more you have in the championship, the more it will cost teams without grounds to run and off field overheads will be hit hardest 

It's grim up north

Archived