ISC pulling out?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Calling it now - this contract won't last longer than 3 years. O'Neills really looks like a great option now......

Bold but not totally ridiculous. 

Just had a browse of some of their stuff with Gloucester and Hull KR and it doesn't seem like their fans are particularly happy with the results.

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Bold but not totally ridiculous. 

Just had a browse of some of their stuff with Gloucester and Hull KR and it doesn't seem like their fans are particularly happy with the results.

Yeah and didn't they do Leeds Carnegie gear as well? I don't know anyone personally but anecdotally I remember people saying they weren't happy. 

5 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yeah and didn't they do Leeds Carnegie gear as well? I don't know anyone personally but anecdotally I remember people saying they weren't happy. 

As we all know there are only 4 Leeds Carnegie fans and one of them has a waggy tail, but from the stuff I saw of theirs in our shared shop it wasn't filling me with confidence for the move 

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

That might be true but we're not a charity, how can a club sign up to a 10 year deal with a company fans are clearly unhappy with and is far from guaranteed to be a success??

i dont disagree.. but if they now have confidence from this sort of deal to invest and "get it right" than you may just get some really good stuff out of it.. 

With the company i own i would love to be able to sign a long term deal with someone (our industry just doesnt work like that) which would give me the confidence to buy some new machines... when we have got good commitments that has been exactly what we have done on 2 lines and has meant we have developed those products quicker than we would have done if we were just upgrading (as the other 2 lines are). We signed a sole supplier deal for the first time in March to start June (###### brilliant timing) but i know once things get back to normal and that supply starts to come in (whenever that may be) we are already planning some new upgraded plant to help us... (something we couldn't do without this guarantee)

Leeds probably getting something from this, as has been mentioned by others, and Oxen probably get something from this... thats no bad thing.. who else wants the keys to a retail shop (for example) at the moment?

But its a massive risk, for both parties... and it doesnt seem a popular move. 

1 minute ago, RP London said:

i dont disagree.. but if they now have confidence from this sort of deal to invest and "get it right" than you may just get some really good stuff out of it.. 

With the company i own i would love to be able to sign a long term deal with someone (our industry just doesnt work like that) which would give me the confidence to buy some new machines... when we have got good commitments that has been exactly what we have done on 2 lines and has meant we have developed those products quicker than we would have done if we were just upgrading (as the other 2 lines are). We signed a sole supplier deal for the first time in March to start June (###### brilliant timing) but i know once things get back to normal and that supply starts to come in we are already planning some new upgraded plant to help us... 

Leeds probably getting something from this, as has been mentioned by others, and Oxen probably get something from this... thats no bad thing.. who else wants the keys to a retail shop (for example) at the moment?

But its a massive risk, for both parties... and it doesnt seem a popular move. 

I can see that argument, but as you say it doesn't seem popular in the slightest and its not like they've not had chances to make some headway with the clubs fans before it became official.

I also think this has been in the pipeline for a while with ISC withdrawing from the UK and Leeds having already signed up their retail stuff to elite pro sports. If sheilding financial concerns around covid are a benefit of this deal they are unintended.

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

I can see that argument, but as you say it doesn't seem popular in the slightest and its not like they've not had chances to make some headway with the clubs fans before it became official.

I also think this has been in the pipeline for a while with ISC withdrawing from the UK and Leeds having already signed up their retail stuff to elite pro sports. If sheilding financial concerns around covid are a benefit of this deal they are unintended.

perhaps.. 

If the shirt is good next year, design and quality, and the off field gear is good then all the "unpopularity" will disappear. A popular choice but with rubbish stuff next season would have quickly become unpopular.. in the end the only thing that will make or break this is the quality that they come up with next year.. 

3 minutes ago, RP London said:

perhaps.. 

If the shirt is good next year, design and quality, and the off field gear is good then all the "unpopularity" will disappear. A popular choice but with rubbish stuff next season would have quickly become unpopular.. in the end the only thing that will make or break this is the quality that they come up with next year.. 

Of course, as I say though from looking at other clubs, including our sister club carnegie and the rob burrow shirt they produced, I can't say I'm confident at all

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Yes I heard a fair few months Back we would be going with Oxen.

To be fair they have shared a 'teaser' on Social Media and I do like the look of some of the stuff on there

I suppose we've got to hope that they up their game for the Rhinos. I like Gloucester RU and have to be honest none of their stuff for them has impressed me and neither has the stuff they've done for Rhinos or Carnegie that I've seen so far. 

59 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Of course, as I say though from looking at other clubs, including our sister club carnegie and the rob burrow shirt they produced, I can't say I'm confident at all

totally understand.. Eagles going to them next year too, though have not been massively taken with the o'neils stuff

13 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

"ICS pulling out"...   Wow I thought, is this some major investor pulling out of RL, another disaster...

I look with some trepidation.  Its a shirt manufacturer!!!

Is that all??

Its one of the 4 main revenue streams for clubs and with Covid affecting everything else it is potentially the only one clubs may be able to rely on securely.

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds have signed a ten year deal with Oxen, which has gone down like a sandwich with the supporters, however I'll see what they come up with first before writing them off, I hope the off field stuff is good quality

Co-sign. Give Oxen a chance, they might surprise everyone. 

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Had stuff like this for half a season already

https://www.eliteprosports.co.uk/shop/leeds-rhinos/leeds-rhinos-off-field/leeds-rhinos-off-field-adult/leeds-rhinos-off-field-adult-t-shirts/leeds-rhinos-2020-sr-training-tee-4

Quality garments clearly and bad impression left after the Rob Burrow shirt fiasco.

8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Had stuff like this for half a season already

https://www.eliteprosports.co.uk/shop/leeds-rhinos/leeds-rhinos-off-field/leeds-rhinos-off-field-adult/leeds-rhinos-off-field-adult-t-shirts/leeds-rhinos-2020-sr-training-tee-4

Quality garments clearly and bad impression left after the Rob Burrow shirt fiasco.

I think you need to give them a chance Tommy. They are by no stretch of the imagination in the same leagues as the big sports brands, but im sure they can produce something decent. The teaser video on their instagram page shows a glimpse of some products for 2021, and what i can see looks to be of a decent enough standard. 

The link you shared is just a poly t-shirt thats been badly styled. It's a £25 poly tee, and not supposed to be anything more.

Oxen seem to have ambition to grow also, which is a positive thing.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Archived