Sun 13 Sept: CC6: Castleford Tigers v Hull FC KO 3pm (TV)

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/20 at 14:30

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Due to the short turn round for Hull, Cas by 6.

Due to the shortcomings at Hull FC, Cas by 30.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Just realised Cas are playing in the game after us tonight so their turn around is even shorter.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Cas make yards and yards almost every set, get to the last 10 almost every set  and I'm being told Warrington defence is good.

Yep their goal line defence has been solid , but the overall defence really poor. Just wish the commentators would not exaggerate about how good warrington defence was this half.

Unless of course defence only starts in the last 10.

17 minutes ago, snapski said:

1missed tackle and all that good work thrown away. Enjoyed it. We were fantastic.

yep Cas where good.  Little unlucky as I would have given a penalty try on the kick forward - Cas player had momentum towards the ball, warrington defender was still turning so for me Cas player would have got to the ball first.

Plus I still think the knee in the back for Warringtons try should have been a penalty to Cas.

Never-the-less a really enjoyable game to watch and almost on edge of seat as to whom was going to win. Warrington line defence being excellent, although not sure if Cas could have been better attacking.

7 minutes ago, redjonn said:

yep Cas where good.  Little unlucky as I would have given a penalty try on the kick forward - Cas player had momentum towards the ball, warrington defender was still turning so for me Cas player would have got to the ball first.

Plus I still think the knee in the back for Warringtons try should have been a penalty to Cas.

Never-the-less a really enjoyable game to watch and almost on edge of seat as to whom was going to win. Warrington line defence being excellent, although not sure if Cas could have been better attacking.

Which knee in the back. 

16 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Which knee in the back. 

wrong game I meant to include the double movement but cut and pasted my comment  over writing commentary I made for Hull game.. hence my sentence confused. 

Sorry

I tend to write comment first then cut and paste into the thread and was over writing previous comments whilst doing other things,...  namely looking after grand child whilst typing with one hand... a dexterity I have not mastered yet 

1 hour ago, redjonn said:

Cas make yards and yards almost every set, get to the last 10 almost every set  and I'm being told Warrington defence is good.

Yep their goal line defence has been solid , but the overall defence really poor. Just wish the commentators would not exaggerate about how good warrington defence was this half.

Unless of course defence only starts in the last 10.

Don't you understand what the new modern game is about?  It's generally easy to make yards down the middle.  Whats important is what happens in the last  11yards.

And Cas did not have the wit in the last 11yards.  Wire tried a lot of high kicks to the corners with no effect.  In the end it took one act of carelessness from Cas and a bit of luck from Wire.

Good to read what will happen in a match that starts in two days' time. Time to leg it down to the bookies. :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 hours ago, redjonn said:

wrong game I meant to include the double movement but cut and pasted my comment  over writing commentary I made for Hull game.. hence my sentence confused. 

Sorry

I tend to write comment first then cut and paste into the thread and was over writing previous comments whilst doing other things,...  namely looking after grand child whilst typing with one hand... a dexterity I have not mastered yet 

How many times have you dropped the grandchild so far? 😁

12 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Sorry

I tend to write comment first then cut and paste into the thread and was over writing previous comments whilst doing other things,...  namely looking after grand child whilst typing with one hand... a dexterity I have mastered yet 

No worries thought I’d missed something. 

Archived