Sat 12 Sept: SL: Catalans Dragons v Wigan Warriors KO 5pm (UKTime) (TV)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/20 at 16:30

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Catalans have a few players missing which may make Wigan's job easier. We're missing Smithies, Byrne and Flower from the pack but should have enough in-form players and experienced forwards to make up for their absence.

So far this season we've only played one of the teams above us, which was Wire in the first game of the season, so it's hard to know what to expect from us in what you would consider only our second 'big game' of the season. We've been average throughout the majority of the season, occasionally poor, and on very rare occasions impressive. It's possible that we could be capable of raising our performance for a big game. It wouldn't be the first time a team in any sport has looked underwhelming, lost against perceived weaker sides only to perform against tougher opposition. At the same time, this could also be a reality check if we play as poorly as we have at times since lockdown and Catalans got on the sort of free-scoring roll they've shown they're capable of.

The return of Havard and Bullock should make a big difference. What O'Loughlin and potentially George Burgess can offer if they return to the side remains to be seen.

McIllorum's out, but Catalans have a spine of Tomkins, Maloney, Albert and Da Costa, which could be very interesting.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yep that was forward. And the crowd have been hoarding their boos for just such an occasion.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Catalan may not be happy about a possible forward pass, they don't seem to be saying anything about the foul, high tackle, which means that should have been an 8 point try.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

These French cardboard cutouts appear to be moving. That's clever. :kolobok_wink:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

These French cardboard cutouts appear to be moving. That's clever. :kolobok_wink:

Is it windy?

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, DavidM said:

Unless I missed it there was no laurel and hardy siren at the set restart 

There wasn't.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, DavidM said:

Unless I missed it there was no laurel and hardy siren at the set restart 

Apparently there isn't one. 

The ref's comms malfunction has given both sides a breather in the heat.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, DavidM said:

That’s very poor with a crowd there especially 

It would probably spook the crowd.

Wow, that was a try and a half.

Archived