Thu 10 Sept: SL: Castleford Tigers v Warrington Wolves KO 8.15pm (TV)

Who will win?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/20 at 19:45

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a try to win a game.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Great defence to hold out against the Cas pressure. Was not expecting the last minute score, but very happy with the bonus percentage points.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

20 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure it's a penalty try as I'd say the tackle is almost complete, but a knee to the head being ignored is bizarre. Utterly bizarre. 

Two things we have learned tonight :-

1. Its ok to Kung fu kick someone in the back

2. Its ok to knee someone in the head deliberately

Oh sorry make that three things...

3. Refs on field call is complete and utter Shi’ite, if something is so unclear that it needs a video ref then he should be unencumbered by an on field decision. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

I think Wire have shown fantastic character in the past fortnight, and it speaks huge volumes for the attitude of the club, which has been rewarded.  OK, Hull aren’t going great, but Cas are a tricky proposition; I guess under the rules Wire could have ducked both games, and there was incentive to do it, especially with the the table changes-I don’t think that ever figured in their thinking though, and they just look an out-and-out tough, gritty team now, with a few aces in the side who can break a game open.  That’s a winning formula in the current climate, but the challenge is keeping it going: there’s still 10 weeks of the season left!  I won’t shed a tear if we lose our next match though.

For more information on the Rugby League Record Keepers' Club please visit our official website at www.rugbyleaguerecords.com

Daryl Powell has thrown himself off the back of the stand hence no interview. Cas had plenty of chances in the first half to wrap that up. BMM looks to have lost a lot of weight and looks no where near the player he was before. Does Lee Briers have a friend called Wilson?

6 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

We should just try and score from halfway all the time, we seem to be better long range than in the 20

I think we had a clear tactic to just go with those kicks to the corner rather than try too much with the ball. I can live with those tactics with such a disrupted team, particularly as the defence was what kept us in that game to be able to win it. Really really strong effort from all of them. 

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think we had a clear tactic to just go with those kicks to the corner rather than try too much with the ball. I can live with those tactics with such a disrupted team, particularly as the defence was what kept us in that game to be able to win it. Really really strong effort from all of them. 

Oh yeah,  eden is terrible under high balls, but since the restart most of best attacks have been from far out. 

Didn’t think we’d see a Steve Price side doing what we’ve seen the last few weeks. So fair play to him and the team for turning things upside down. I’ll take my criticism back gladly.

As for the cup, I’d quite happily consider it a distraction and won’t be too fussed if Saints take that game.  No Wembley in the sun has taken the shine off its main attraction. Let’s focus on the GF now.

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Didn’t think we’d see a Steve Price side doing what we’ve seen the last few weeks. So fair play to him and the team for turning things upside down. I’ll take my criticism back gladly.

As for the cup, I’d quite happily consider it a distraction and won’t be too fussed if Saints take that game.  No Wembley in the sun has taken the shine off its main attraction. Let’s focus on the GF now.

Hats off to you for being excited about it all.

10 minutes ago, snapski said:

Just realised I was posting in the wrong thread last night. Ah well. Great game really enjoyed it. The difference was the class in Warrington 2nd row versus our plodders. Think we are really short at centre as well. 

Very fair comments. I think Toby King really could end up as a Westwood-type player. Good defender, works hard, footwork of a back but not quite quick enough to be an electric three-quarter. He and Currie have been great in the laat two games.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

13 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Very fair comments. I think Toby King really could end up as a Westwood-type player. Good defender, works hard, footwork of a back but not quite quick enough to be an electric three-quarter. He and Currie have been great in the laat two games.

King is really stepping up with the added responsibility and is becoming a really key player in the squad rather than the young centre he was probably still seen as. 

I agree maybe a back row spot could be his for a while. 

King seems equally at home at centre or 2nd row. Not sure I agree he lacks pace though? Hasn’t got the speed off the mark like some top class centres but over 100 metres he’s pretty handy, as shown on several occasions. Great hands and footwork as well. I’d take him over Gelling at centre due to his consistency and all-round game.

Archived