Thu 10 Sept: SL: Hull FC v Wakefield Trinity KO 6pm (TV)

Who will win?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/20 at 17:30

17 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Internet seems to be working fine in every other situation. I will say the last couple of days iplayer and all4 and what have you have been a bit slower but this has been going on with NowTV for a few weeks and other things were working fine then. I think it's probably my tablet tbh, pretty basic model with not a lot of memory and slow processor and it's having to stream live TV of course. Kcom Internet can be pretty dodgy sometimes. 

Ps. I will say as well I'm listening to the radio over the Internet now and it is perfectly fine. 

On here - https://help.nowtv.com/article/fix-slow-loading-buffering - there appears to be some way of changing data settings. Under device-specific tips, click on "Fix buffering issues on my NOW TV Box or Smart Stick", then the heading "Manually adjust your data settings". Getting to it looks like activating a game's cheat codes, but it could let you make NowTV require less bandwidth to work smoothly.

Internet radio will use up much less of your available bitrate.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Best fullback showing ive seen from a Hull fb in ages

He looks lively.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

On here - https://help.nowtv.com/article/fix-slow-loading-buffering - there appears to be some way of changing data settings. Under device-specific tips, click on "Fix buffering issues on my NOW TV Box or Smart Stick", then the heading "Manually adjust your data settings". Getting to it looks like activating a game's cheat codes, but it could let you make NowTV require less bandwidth to work smoothly.

Internet radio will use up much less of your available bitrate.

It could just be something as simple as other household members streaming stuff at the same time seen as they never seem to put their devices down. Anyway, I was planning on cancelling it at some point anyway so done that now. Nowtv can be reactivated immediately at anytime anyway so not a problem. 

22 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Wtf is Chester on about? Clearest backward touch you could hope to see.

Just ignore what he said. They are nothing more than excuses from a man way out of his depth . He has totally lost control and has no idea how to put things right. His recorded over the last two years would not have been tolerated at any other club.

59 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

You can tell we’re low on confidence, can’t knock the effort and unlucky not to win it at the end.  Good experience for the kids hopefully a full training and some bodies back and we keep improving,

Up the Trin 

I admire your positivity WCL but we just got beat by a busted Hull FC who had a number of young kids in the team themselves. Not only that but they haven’t been able to buy a win apart from beating Huddersfield’s Academy team last week. Seriously The Giants literally had 15 fit players for that match and 2 players who’d been ruled out through injury bravely put their hands up to play in that game.

Well done Hull FC but Trinity need a new coach and support staff!

43 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

I admire your positivity WCL but we just got beat by a busted Hull FC who had a number of young kids in the team themselves. Not only that but they haven’t been able to buy a win apart from beating Huddersfield’s Academy team last week. Seriously The Giants literally had 15 fit players for that match and 2 players who’d been ruled out through injury bravely put their hands up to play in that game.

Well done Hull FC but Trinity need a new coach and support staff!

What he said. 

So you say Hull fc are busted with 11 players out but don’t give wakey the same courtesy with 14 players out tonight?? 

I’m not defending chesters record but you Could say wakey are more “busted’ today....

Not to mention the disruption due to Covid and the full squad having to isolate cutting prep time and team training. 

It’s not solely down to the coaching team but something needs to change for 2021 season.

25 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

So you say Hull fc are busted with 11 players out but don’t give wakey the same courtesy with 14 players out tonight?? 

I’m not defending chesters record but you Could say wakey are more “busted’ today....

Not to mention the disruption due to Covid and the full squad having to isolate cutting prep time and team training. 

It’s not solely down to the coaching team but something needs to change for 2021 season.

A refresh is needed. Chester has been there since 2016 and we are going backwards rapidly again. Dickens & Clawson there since the Agar era. Every coaching set up has a shelf life, this lot has reached theirs. 

9 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I feel another sulk coming on.

Unfortunately for Mr Sulk, he was not picked for the interchange bench.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

10 hours ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Best fullback showing ive seen from a Hull fb in ages

Wynne could be a real top class full back. Quick, strong, skillfull, reads the game well for such a young kid. I'd really be looking to move Shaul on and give him the number 1 shirt next year. I dont think it will happen though unfortunately.

There isnt much to be excited about at Hull just now but one thing that does give some optimism is there is some good young talent in the squad. I really like Jack Brown. Joe Cator has looked really good since he got a chance. Johnstone looks like a really smart signing at hooker. We need to put faith in these guys and build the side around that instead of trying to buy a new team of big names every year.

5 minutes ago, MZH said:

Wynne could be a real top class full back. Quick, strong, skillfull, reads the game well for such a young kid. I'd really be looking to move Shaul on and give him the number 1 shirt next year. I dont think it will happen though unfortunately.

There isnt much to be excited about at Hull just now but one thing that does give some optimism is there is some good young talent in the squad. I really like Jack Brown. Joe Cator has looked really good since he got a chance. Johnstone looks like a really smart signing at hooker. We need to put faith in these guys and build the side around that instead of trying to buy a new team of big names every year.

100% this. 

10 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

1. Jowitt
  2. BJB
  3. Lyne
  4. Tupou
  5. Senior/ Johnstone
  6. Bailey/ Miller dropped? He’s in terrible form!
  7. Hampshire
  8. Kopczak
  9. Crowther/ K Wood
  10. King/ Navarette
  11. Pitts
  12. Tanginoa
  13. Westerman
  14. J Wood
  15. Green
  16. Gwaze/ Arona
  17. Aydin/ Kirmond

I count 5 changes through unavailability

Don't throw in Ashurst because Tanginoa was the best Trinity player on the park

Fifita has been stood down by the club, their choice!

Im not sure who the 14 missing could be unless you’re stretching the truth beyond breaking point or making some very weak cases for players not selected.

Everybody is dealing with the virus in some way or another, everyone’s preparation is being disrupted.

Wouldn't be the end of the world if Chester has to stick with that team for the Shudds game.  Bailey, Aydin, Gwaze and even Crowther can only benefit long term from more continuous game time. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

I mistakenly listened to the game on 5 live and barely heard Wynne’s name mentioned, so really chuffed he played well.

I didnt watch the game, I was at work. I was just making the general point that he has a lot about him. Although I did catch some of the commentary at the start and they were talking about him a bit then. Amor mentioned them doing a video session on him last year.

9 hours ago, MZH said:

A shame there is no offer of a contract for Buchanan though. Versatile and shows real potential.

20 hours ago, boris74 said:

A shame there is no offer of a contract for Buchanan though. Versatile and shows real potential.

Had me thinking the same thing. Thought he had a fine game.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived