another super league team to go belly up ?

last night for my sins I listened to the full 80 hosted by mick Gledhill. in the 31st min he came out with the comment that there was another superleague club teetering on the verge of going belly up but would not name that club.

anyone know if there's any truth in his statement as he seemed pretty sure about it. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Wakefield?

Surprised there has been little mention of the government review to allow restricted crowds at sport from 1 October. Surely if the government bottles it that'll hit Super League clubs hard?

Them and Hull KR with Hudgell pulling out

Another thread with sly digs about Gledhill. He’s a rugby league enthusiast who tells people what he can find out, if you don’t want to listen to him or read his articles then don’t but I don’t understand why so many people are so unpleasant about him. 

40 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

last night for my sins I listened to the full 80 hosted by mick Gledhill. in the 31st min he came out with the comment that there was another superleague club teetering on the verge of going belly up but would not name that club.

anyone know if there's any truth in his statement as he seemed pretty sure about it. 

Ralph said something along the lines that all clubs may be around next year so it is just another typical Gledhill statement and if a SL club does fail over the next few months it doesn’t mean that Gledhill knew anything that is an exclusive or insightful 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Another thread with sly digs about Gledhill. He’s a rugby league enthusiast who tells people what he can find out, if you don’t want to listen to him or read his articles then don’t but I don’t understand why so many people are so unpleasant about him. 

He makes things up

A few years ago he claimed that Phil Veivers stated that there would be a merged Cumbrian team when no such thing was said.

Two years ago he claimed that players from a club would/ had thrown a game which again was just fantasy  

2 minutes ago, LeeF said:

He makes things up

A few years ago he claimed that Phil Veivers stated that there would be a merged Cumbrian team when no such thing was said.

Two years ago he claimed that players from a club would/ had thrown a game which again was just fantasy  

Made up or given false information? 

A merged Cumbrian team is an absurd idea though, nobody would take that seriously surely. 

43 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

A broken clock is right twice a day. 

Not if the breakage takes the form of the hands falling off!

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Made up or given false information? 

A merged Cumbrian team is an absurd idea though, nobody would take that seriously surely. 

Made up. He attended the Veivers after match press conference and then made the claim up

The throwing of the game was again made up. 

No sly digs from me. He is an attention seeker pure & simple 

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It's because he's a liar.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

25 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Judging by the comments on this thread about this person, you need to look up what the word "sly" means.

Just now, marklaspalmas said:

Judging by the comments on this thread about this person, you need to look up what the word "sly" means.

I hear you Mark, but while I don’t listen to Geldhill much I don’t understand why there are such venomous outpourings every time his name is mentioned on this forum. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I hear you Mark, but while I don’t listen to Geldhill much I don’t understand why there are such venomous outpourings every time his name is mentioned on this forum. 

A self-important pseudo journalist annoying everyone with his ahem "abrasive" style and self-promoting twaddle?

What's not to like?

11 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

A self-important pseudo journalist annoying everyone with his ahem "abrasive" style and self-promoting twaddle?

What's not to like?

You missed out self-pitying.

And biased.

What a character, eh? Much better than being accurate and honest.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived