another super league team to go belly up ?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

You missed out self-pitying.

And biased.

What a character, eh? Much better than being accurate and honest.

Accurate and honest journalists are rarely popular. Though the opposite is often true.

If we get through 2020 without 2 or 3 clubs going bust or teetering on the edge it will be a miracle.  You don't need 'contacts' and a crystal ball to pronounce that.

Is Mick still banned from here after his multiple suspensiosn for calling refs bent after Bradford lose?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

6 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Any club unable to cover a £million plus loss is in trouble

That doesn't narrow it down... 😂

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Another thread with sly digs about Gledhill. He’s a rugby league enthusiast who tells people what he can find out, if you don’t want to listen to him or read his articles then don’t but I don’t understand why so many people are so unpleasant about him. 

He's a bullshitter that makes stuff up, he's a moron that does far more bad than good for the game.

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

I hear you Mark, but while I don’t listen to Geldhill much I don’t understand why there are such venomous outpourings every time his name is mentioned on this forum. 

A few years ago he came on here to claim he’d been ejected from the HJ stadium for something and then got arrested for protesting about it outside, and had a rant about the stewards etc. It subsequently transpired that he never even went to the game in the first place. Fantasist and attention seeker.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

10 minutes ago, Derwent said:

A few years ago he came on here to claim he’d been ejected from the HJ stadium for something and then got arrested for protesting about it outside, and had a rant about the stewards etc. It subsequently transpired that he never even went to the game in the first place. Fantasist and attention seeker.

I prefer bulls hitter..... but otherwise agree wholeheartedly 👌 

1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

If we get through 2020 without 2 or 3 clubs going bust or teetering on the edge it will be a miracle.  You don't need 'contacts' and a crystal ball to pronounce that.

Is Mick still banned from here after his multiple suspensiosn for calling refs bent after Bradford lose?

Or timekeepers on Twitter. The RFL should have had a stern word with him for that, amongst other things.

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

Another thread with sly digs about Gledhill. He’s a rugby league enthusiast who tells people what he can find out, if you don’t want to listen to him or read his articles then don’t but I don’t understand why so many people are so unpleasant about him. 

If you'd been around here long enough to remember when he was a member you'd understand.

He was also very disruptive on the other place when Bradford were last in trouble, meddling and trying to promote one of the dodgy dealers trying to get the club.

It got really quite unpleasant.

People called Romans they go the house

6 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

LETS HOPE NO-ONE GOES BUST.

We really don't need to lose any of our great clubs:)

Paul

I hope no one goes under but we might end up with a natural culling. It may be brutal but only the strongest clubs will survive. I worry for some lower league clubs and Hull KR and Wakey 

It’s worth remembering of the original 22 clubs to break away from the RFU only 14 of them have survived and there’s been plenty to go bust in between

15 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Any club unable to cover a £million plus loss is in trouble

You are referring to SL, I trust.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived