Remaining players to sign on.

RogerT

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

He was reported to be a reformed character last season at Doncaster. Age and condition may have now caught up with him, however.

As it does with all of us! I have spent a life treating my body like a temple, but am now fraying around the edges a bit!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, phildog said:

Appears Danny has left by the comment regarding the last half-time draw but no official comment from us or a new club.

Tedious...

oh sorry.

thought I was on the word association thread.🙄

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

18 hours ago, phildog said:

Appears Danny has left by the comment regarding the last half-time draw but no official comment from us or a new club.

You need a special loop.🙄 set to delay mode.

DD you know where we hear it from! Every interview, piece in the papers, we hear it. BTW, look on LoveRL under '6 players playing in Division 1 next season'. How can Division 1 beat us on money? If they're so much more wealthy than us to attract these players, why are they not getting more and getting out of that division? I'm most intrigued like everyone else to hear these 4 names and their pedigrees.

8 minutes ago, phildog said:

DD you know where we hear it from! Every interview, piece in the papers, we hear it. BTW, look on LoveRL under '6 players playing in Division 1 next season'. How can Division 1 beat us on money? If they're so much more wealthy than us to attract these players, why are they not getting more and getting out of that division? I'm most intrigued like everyone else to hear these 4 names and their pedigrees.

Championship is a harder game than L1,and not all players can make the grade and enjoy playing L1.Look how many players could step up from amature game but there happy at that level. No rush as am sure plenty a players will be looking for clubs once were ready for the off again.

Maybe the clubs they join are  expected to win more matches than us so perhaps winning pay is better in Championship  one than losing money in the Championship.

The feel good factor of winning 75% of matches in Championship one and finishing near the top is better than losing 75% in the Championship.and struggling to avoid relegation.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Just to be clear-

1. We have not been beaten for money by any League1 Club to sign a half back or indeed any other player.

2. There is not an abundance of half backs available at the moment.

3. We have been trying to sign a halfback for 3 months. We of course already have half backs but not with extensive Championship experience. Nevertheless they may turn out to be easily capable of stepping up we just don’t know yet.

4. At the moment we still have 4 possibilities for a half back 3 of which are presently with SL Clubs so it’s a waiting game. We will sign the first that becomes available if at all possible. 
I personally would be extremely delighted with any one of them and think others would too. However we have no way of knowing at present if we will be successful with any of them but it will not be for lack of trying.

5. Financially there are a number of factors which would assist us in this respect one of which is undoubtedly buying tickets every week in our half time draw. That £2 pw will make a big difference when they are all added up.

6. As far as a prop is concerned the issue only arose when Keegs decided to retire but we are on with it now and again it is a waiting game to see what happens with SL players especially.

As soon as we are able to announce a signing we will do so.

Regarding point 4, that's good to hear. Yes, that's contradictory from one of the biggest moaners, I just want us to be competitive and ambitious, I hope that shines through.

Archived