RL's Tallest Player XIII

Futtocks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

League doesn't suit tall guys... Too hard to keep getting up off the floor and no line out advantage 

But, unlike "the game for all sizes", if you're good enough you're big/small enough.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edrick Lee, another player who looks really tall because of his body shape. Only 6 foot 4, same as Joe Burgess.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Iro brothers - Tony on the wing and Kevin in the centre were a decent height.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Dunbar said:

The Iro brothers - Tony on the wing and Kevin in the centre were a decent height.

Big by the standard of the day, but Kevin was 6 foot 2/3. I reckon this XIII would be mainly populated by modern-era players.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

36 minutes ago, DavidM said:

The small country that is Nelson Asofa Solomona . Must be about 8 foot

Six foot seven, but when facing off against Damien Cook, he looks about double that.

cook-vs-nelson-180803_gt_44.jpg?center=0

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Possible team:

1. Paul Hauff (6' 5")

2. Karl Pryce (6' 7")

3. Barrie Jon Mather (6 '7")

4. Cambell Graham (6' 6")

5. Jason Saab (6' 6")

6. Feleti Mateo (6' 4")

7. Nathan Clearly (6' 0")

8. Wayne McDonald (6' 7")

9. Cameron Smith (6' 1")

10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona (6' 7")

11. Shaun Lane (6' 6")

12. Gavin Cooper (6' 6")

13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui (6' 6")

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

26 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

If I remember correctly I think former saints2nd rower John Harrison was 6’ 8” (remember him the famous head the ball try for George Mann)

All the web links I can find list him as 6' 7"

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Wow I’d never have said Smith was 6’1

He just looks shorter because he is always bending down to pick the ball up.

12 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

He just looks shorter because he is always bending down to pick the ball up.

Apparently his official medical recorded him at 5’10 but he argued with the doctor that he was 6’1 until he agreed 

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Well, it follows on logically from the other thread, right?

First nomination - while he usually played in other positions, Bradford did, on at least one occasion (probably due to injuries), pick Karl Pryce at stand-off. I doubt there's been a taller one.

To me wasnt regular there. Graeme Bradley was. 6ft 4 regular stand off.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Archived