needless violence

saddleworth

Am I becoming paranoid or is the overall coaching system guiding the game towards needless violence during the tackling action. I am talking about the sharp increase in assaults to the head and the neck region whilst the tackled player is being held on the floor. Almost every game there are stoppages for medical attention due to grapple and pressure tackles. We find that there are usually three men in the tackle, two mid body and legs whilst one buries the opponents  head and shoulders in his lap, thus exerting downward pressure. I believe that new ruling outlawed such play and as such, It is now time for the referees to stand up and be counted.

24 minutes ago, saddleworth said:

Am I becoming paranoid or is the overall coaching system guiding the game towards needless violence during the tackling action. I am talking about the sharp increase in assaults to the head and the neck region whilst the tackled player is being held on the floor. Almost every game there are stoppages for medical attention due to grapple and pressure tackles. We find that there are usually three men in the tackle, two mid body and legs whilst one buries the opponents  head and shoulders in his lap, thus exerting downward pressure. I believe that new ruling outlawed such play and as such, It is now time for the referees to stand up and be counted.

I think it's because the game as speeded up because of the lack of scrum stoppages and the passing almost seems frantic making the defensive lines panic more.I know the scrums have been a bone of contention for years but players need a breather and to do away with them will result in more injuries

Archived