Major shake up for question of sport

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The current trio have been on the show for ages, and it became stale a long time ago.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The team captains have to have a fun personality,  don't mind embarrassing themselves and reasonably recognisable. Matt Le Tissier is now out of work and what  about  Chris Eubank,  I'd just possibly give that a go.

29 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

My money is on a women's footballer. 

If Alex Scott gets the gig then I may have a passing interest.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Please God, not Rio Ferdinand, Fred Flintoff or a right-on comedian.

Mark Chapman would be a good host and Bradley Wiggins would be a good captain.

You need someone with a sense of humour who can lose with good grace ... not common commodities in sportsmen and sportswomen.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

13 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Please God, not Rio Ferdinand, Fred Flintoff or a right-on comedian.

4 hours ago, The Future is League said:

My money would be on someone with a kick and clap connection being one of the replacements.

3 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Stopped watching it years ago when i learned that the guests were more or less told what to read up on .

Must be some sort of TGG telepathy going on here, as I thought these same thoughts when I heard about 'the revamp'.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

I'll give it a watch when the new lot take over, whoever they are, just out of curiosity. For the viewer, it can be a pretty challenging quiz, once you strip out the tired blokiness.

Of course, some people are treating this as the equivalent of Clarkson, May and Hammond leaving Top Gear and getting into an almighty froth of unfocused rage. But some people are like that and need to get out more.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

If Alex Scott gets the gig then I may have a passing interest.

Can I nominate Sam Quek? 

Who's she I hear you ask in the hopes I'll clarify?

Here's a picture of Sam relaxing with a cold drink.

SEXY CELEBS 30k on Twitter: "Sam Quek… "

23 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Can I nominate Sam Quek? 

Who's she I hear you ask in the hopes I'll clarify?

Here's a picture of Sam relaxing with a cold drink.

SEXY CELEBS 30k on Twitter: "Sam Quek… "

Not interested in what you wrote but, the pic was worth quoting

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Twitter is full of intolerant gibberings from the emotionally-incontinent and grammatically-challenged.

Many of them, often with the flag of St George emoji in their account ID, saying that them there Blacks and Gays and WIMMIN! are taking over THER HOLE WURLD!

Where were they when David Coleman was replaced?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Twitter is full of intolerant gibberings from the emotionally-incontinent and grammatically-challenged.

Many of them, often with the flag of St George emoji in their account ID, saying that them there Blacks and Gays and WIMMIN! are taking over THER HOLE WURLD!

Not having a twitter account was one of my better decisions from what I see of it 

38 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

They will be livid about the woke BBC up to and beyond the moment that a blandly predictable and don't-scare-the-horses trio are put in place.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

They will be livid about the woke BBC up to and beyond the moment that a blandly predictable and don't-scare-the-horses trio are put in place.

Luther Burrell's available...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived