Major shake up for question of sport

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Isn't that just the case.

The reeking swamp of intolerance is only visible if you go looking for it. A bit like the politics subforum on here. Twitter can be useful, fun and very positive. And it has been fantastic for Rugby League.

I checked up on the QoS story just for a laugh at the afflicted. If I'd followed any of those accounts, I'd deserve what I got cluttering up my timeline.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have changed presenters and team captains several times over the years, and always successfully.

Unfortunately for them, the current climate of infantile tantrums means that whoever comes in this time is going to receive endless floods of (barely coherent) abuse, because, well, just because.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, doc said:

So, new presenter.

Rylan Clarke-Neal or Frankie Boyle?

Frankie Boyle presenting QoS - a bit like Jerry Sadowitz taking over the 'Songs of Praise' gig. Definitely a sign of the End Times.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I haven’t watched it since David Coleman and his captains . I’ve still got the board game , although the questions are a bit outdated now . We played it last Christmas and my young nephew had no idea who Bob Champion or Aldaniti were . I won the game easily 

Dion Dublin seems to present everything but the news these days, I think he will be a shoe-in.

I must admit to watching it occasionally, they used to record it on a Sunday, which was there excuse for not having any Rugby League players on it, I wonder what the excuse is now? They only seem to have RL players on if they have played Union at some stage.

There is something insufferable about this show that makes my toes curl at the sight of it.

It could be any one of the fake bonhomie, the grindingly Londocentric view of what sports are deemed popular or the asinine "humour". But combined they make for a mix that really grinds my gears.

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Oh no! Does that mean that I'll have to stop watching something I hardly ever watch anyway?

By the way, isn't it "shoo-in" not "shoe-in"? 

Also, isn't it Made in Manchester or Shot in Salford? 

Shoe-in and Shot in Salford are terms that Yorkshire folk associate with the Lancastrians

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

googled the person in question- how dare the bbc appoint a black woman who keeps her sexuality very private ? could they not find a black woman who keeps her sexuality very private thats disabled? disgraceful by the bbc

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

14 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

A very talented footballer, MBE with a degree.

obvious bias against disabled non binary gender  chinese chess champions - ignored by the bbc as usual - disgrace- where do i join the next protest?

They've given the job to a woman. Political correctness gone mad - bring back the previous presenter.

OH, HANG ON!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

They've given the job to a woman. Political correctness gone mad - bring back the previous presenter.

OH, HANG ON!

should work out fine - QOS  is utter garbage no one gives a ** about that the bbc shove down our throats if we like it or not- womens football is utter garbage no one gives a ""*& about that the bbc shove down our throats if we like it or not- match made in heaven really 

54 minutes ago, Niels said:

I think there is a concern about replacing someone for a younger face. This can be discrimination also. 

Especially when an older woman is replaced for a more youthful one. 

There was a fuss when Sue Barker replaced David Coleman all those years ago too, but the internet wasn't all-pervasive then. I assume that when Coleman replaced the original host David Vine, some people moaned then as well. But it was outraged letters to the papers from individuals back then, not an online mobbing.

The team captains have been changed several times over the years too and, shockingly, some of them weren't even ex-RU players. 🤯

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived