Rugby League’s ugliest players

Contemporary:

1. James  Tamou ( Penrith)

2. Nathan Cleary (Penrith)

3. Toby Rudolf (Cronulla)

4. Williame Kikau (Penrith)

5. Cameron McInnes (St. George-Illawarra) without his dentures.

6. George Williams (Canberra)

7. Josh Dugan (Cronulla)

8. Matt Dufty (St George-Illawarra)

Historical:

1. Ron Crowe. (West Wyalong, South Sydney), before he acquired dentures.

2. Cliff Watson (St. Helens, Cronulla).

3. John Hopoate (Manly)

4. Tommy Bishop (St. Helens, Cronulla).

5. Ray Price (Parramatta)

6. Cliff Lyons (Manly).

7. Kieron Cunningham (St. Helens)

8. Ken Kearney (St George)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Contemporary:

4. Cameron McInnes (St. George-Illawarra) without his dentures.

Historical:

3. Tommy Bishop (St. Helens, Cronulla).

4. Cliff Lyons (Manly).

All Australians are ugly then, judging by your list, whilst Brits are the personification of good looking.

Seems about right.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 minute ago, Moose said:

Ted Carroll. Hunslet RL player who took advantage of his ‘looks’ to carve out a successful acting career.

image.jpeg.505dc0db7b4b6ee5f1741cb5899288fc.jpeg

Landlord of the Hyde Park in Leeds for many a year too.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 minute ago, Moose said:

Just the right face for a pub in Hyde Park, plus he could back it up. Hard as nails was Ted.

It was a very "interesting" pub to drink in during the early 70's.

I have edited my original post to add Penrith’s  Williame Kikau. This gives Penrith three of the top five ugliest people in rugby league today.

So I do hope that the girls in Penrith think long and hard about what their future children might look like before accepting a marriage proposal from any of the Penrith players mentioned. Of course looks aren't everything. So maybe the girls of Penrith should consider simply determining the quality of the man's intellect, moral character and personality before marrying him.

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Not a particularly pleasant thread this one. 

It’s very unpleasant. But people need to know the truth. 

There always other threads to switch to if you are feeling demoralized by this terrible news.

5 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

It’s very unpleasant. But people need to know the truth. 

There always other threads to switch to if you are feeling demoralized by this terrible news.

I just find it odd that people will (quite correctly) jump on any comment laughing about physical disability etc but you feel quite happy laughing at people’s appearance. Same with how slating gingers seems fair game to many people. Incidentally I’m neither ginger and wouldn’t be considered ugly, but as you suggest I’ll just stop reading the thread. 

I just find it odd that people will (quite correctly) jump on any comment laughing about physical disability etc but you feel quite happy laughing at people’s appearance. Same with how slating gingers seems fair game to many people. Incidentally I’m neither ginger and wouldn’t be considered ugly, but as you suggest I’ll just stop reading the thread. 

We needed a reality check to counter the euphoria and dangerous complacency  generated by the initial good looking thread.

Don't be so flamin' precious and please don't be so intolerant of those of us who have different views to you. 

There's no need for you to come on this thread if you find it offensive unless of course you wish to preach or have closed something you simply disagree with. 

Just now, Number 16 said:

Don't be so flamin' precious and please don't be so intolerant of those of us who have different views to you. 

There's no need for you to come on this thread if you find it offensive unless of course you wish to preach or have closed something you simply disagree with. 

😂

38 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

He's weird looking. Almost creepy. You wouldn't want to find him standing at the bottom of your bed at four in the morning. 

To be fair i wouldnt really want to wake up at four in the morning to find anyone standing at the bottom of my bed! even if they were unbelievably good looking i would start to question their sanity!

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

Historical:

3. Tommy Bishop (St. Helens, Cronulla).

4. Cliff Lyons (Manly).

I think John Hopoate would rank above a couple of those.

22 minutes ago, RP London said:

To be fair i wouldnt really want to wake up at four in the morning to find anyone standing at the bottom of my bed! even if they were unbelievably good looking i would start to question their sanity!

If they were unbelievably good looking and i thought they were standing at the bottom of my bed in the middle of the night I’d be questioning my own sanity 

Blake Ferguson's looks are showing the signs of a rough Rugby League career.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Contemporary:

4. Williame Kikau (Penrith)

5. Cameron McInnes (St. George-Illawarra) without his dentures.

6. George Williams (Canberra)

7. Josh Dugan (Cronulla)

Historical:

3. John Hopoate (Manly)

4. Tommy Bishop (St. Helens, Cronulla).

5. Ray Price (Parramatta)

6. Cliff Lyons (Manly).

All Australian? 

Must be something in the water

Archived