Possible life found on mars! No Europa! I mean Titan.... ok ok it's Venus! Maybe...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I saw about this, very exciting! I've started making "welcome to earth" banners for the invasion and have my cats on a production line making foil helmets. 

Wasn't some bacteria found in the ice caps of Mars a few years ago? 

Edit. Just looked up the thing I said above. What it was was they found that there could be liquid water under the ice caps and so there is a very good chance there will be some kind of microbial life in it. 

On 15/09/2020 at 04:23, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I saw about this, very exciting! I've started making "welcome to earth" banners for the invasion and have my cats on a production line making foil helmets. 

The Venutians have been coming here since 1946 man, they got bases all over the world , the Government knows all about them. Venutians are meeting with people in all walks of life in an advisory capacity, man.

6 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

The Venutians have been coming here since 1946 man, they got bases all over the world , the Government knows all about them. Venutians are meeting with people in all walks of life in an advisory capacity, man.

Don't know about Venutians,  Venusians maybe. 

26 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Don't know about Venutians,  Venusians maybe. 

In the script it is spelt with a `t `, and Nicholson clearly pronounces it  " Venutians ". Like Martians.

1 hour ago, The Rocket said:

In the script it is spelt with a `t `, and Nicholson clearly pronounces it  " Venutians ".

Astronomers talk about Venusian atmosphere.  Venus = Venusian,  the clue is in the name.

Dictionary
Search for a wordsearch_grey600_24dp.png

Venusian
/vɪˈnjuːzɪən/

adjective
  1. ASTRONOMY
    relating to or characteristic of the planet Venus.
    "a Venusian orbit"

noun
  1. a hypothetical or fictional inhabitant of the planet Venus.
    "a bald, purple Venusian"

I can recommend Isaac Asimov's book Extraterrestrial Civilizations for a serious discussion about the possibility of alien life. He used scientific methods and the principle of mediocrity to try and come up with a figure. The principle of mediocrity is assuming that our Sun and Earth are average,  nothing amazingly unique in their composition or placement. On other words there's other Suns the same size as ours, other planets in orbit at the same or similar distance to these Suns, in the goldilocks zone, not too hot not too cold.

Here's some figures;

1. No. of stars in our galaxy 300,000,000,000

2. No. of planetary systems in our galaxy 280,000,000,000

3. No. of planetary systems in our galaxy that circle Sunlike stars 75, 000,000,000

4.  No. of Sunlike stars in our galaxy with a useful ecosphere 52,000,000,000

5. No. of second generation, Population 1 Sunlike stars in our galaxy with a useful ecosphere 5 , 200, 000,000

Second generation = stars formed from exploding older stars producing elements such as ices, rocks  metals to produce solar systems similar to ours. 

Population 2 stars in galaxy centre, bathed in radiation unstable and unsuitable for life. 

6. No. of second generation population 1 stars in our galaxy with a useful ecosphere and a planet circling within that ecosphere.  2 , 600, 000,000

7. As above , but the planet is Earthlike, assuming 50% of planets in ecosphere are chemically similar and have oceans of water  ,vital for life 1, 300,000,000

8. No. of habitable planets in our galaxy. 

650, 000,000

9. No. of life bearing planets 600, 000,000

10. No. of planets in our galaxy bearing multicellular life. 433, 000,000

Earth was 4 billion years old , a third of its life span gone before complex life existed. Using mediocrity principle one third are too young to have complex life, therefore two thirds do. 

11. No. of planets in our galaxy bearing rich land life. 416, 000,000

Principle of mediocrity,  land life appeared on Earth when 4.3 billion years old. 36% of its lifetime,  therefore 64% have land life. 

12. No. of planets with technological civilizations  390, 000,000

Civilization appeared when roughly Earth was 40% through its lifetime , after 4, 600, 000,000 years. Therefore principle of mediocrity,  40% of planets are too young, 60% are old enough. 

13. No. of planets in our galaxy on which a technological civilization is NOW IN BEING 530,000. This seems a lot, but this figure is ONLY 0.0407% of figure no.7 

For full details, and the answer to WHERE IS EVERYBODY.  Read the book.

220px-Extraterrestrial_Civilizations_-_bookcover.jpg

Archived