Sam Bowring - to Cov Bears

redditchbulldog

Yes you are right I have neglected that topic till yesterday, I was too excited with all the signings and re signings, and I had completely forgot about Walker going back to Hunslet.

Just revisited the thread and I already had him on my list.

See georgie f and his grip has been granted another year at bulls.

It's amazing how much spare cash kear has been found. He would certainly be welcome again at the mount dotting in and around our pack. Minus his squirrel grip

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

23 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

It's amazing how much spare cash kear has been found. He would certainly be welcome again at the mount dotting in and around our pack. Minus his squirrel grip

Really better than we have? I’d rather not... we went there last time when he came back from dewsbury he was off again within the year... 

leak with a Ben Kaye stint from the bench will work for me 

When you put it like that your right. It's stand off and scrum half we are seriously lacking.

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Are you joking how many backs do we need. I think it's clear where linners intends lads to play 1-5

Rettie will come inside now surely. Even downhill one on one he doesn't back himself. Going for contact bump over speed

I am a little bemused by this sudden thought process that somehow Reittie is now a centre. Has he ever played at centre? Heck, has he ever passed a ball?

Playing on the wing is very different to playing at centre.

I hope playing Reittie at centre is not figuring in to Linners thinking, barring a major injury crisis.

I get your angst but surely he's now too slow to play a wingers game.

Ok jerry, Brown, jc even stokes could come inside to trouble tired bigger forwards in first contact but they would hug the touch line when needed and use their pace in d and attack.

I'd hate us to get into another "retention of clubman" business. when do crowd favourites slowly become weak links due to age injury or loss of speed.

Shortly before ainscough left he couldn't tackle a hot dinner. Ok plenty of spouting and injury but that doesn't make your flank effective

1 hour ago, 9' oller said:

I get your angst but surely he's now too slow to play a wingers game.

Ok jerry, Brown, jc even stokes could come inside to trouble tired bigger forwards in first contact but they would hug the touch line when needed and use their pace in d and attack.

I'd hate us to get into another "retention of clubman" business. when do crowd favourites slowly become weak links due to age injury or loss of speed.

Shortly before ainscough left he couldn't tackle a hot dinner. Ok plenty of spouting and injury but that doesn't make your flank effective

I'm not so sure. It is only just over 12 months ago since he ran the length of the field against Toronto. Reittie has always been reasonably quick, but it's like he doesn't back himself to beat anyone using his pace, instead, he goes out of his way to run at somebody. 😉

He is also invariably the first to the ball from kicks through, but he will certainly not be getting any faster at his age.

It's nice to think we have a bit of cover on the wing for a change, and we won't be relying on him and Campbell playing every week regardless of form because we have no other option, except playing a second rower/man without a position there if one of them is unavailable.

I would have loved to have had Niall Walker without his consistent injuries on the wing or us to take a punt on a pacey SL academy product. But, cest la vie.

7 hours ago, 9' oller said:

When you put it like that your right. It's stand off and scrum half we are seriously lacking.

Ssshh!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

50 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Morton can play centre

Many coaches now reckon that centre is the most important defensive position in RL, demanding excellent positional judgement and game-reading skills. Morton is an excellent player, great winger, great clubman but never a centre IMHO.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Danny cowling was decent too although along with uglia too injury prone.

I think we are only 4 players away from a very decent team

9 hours ago, 9' oller said:

Can’t think why you would welcome Kear dotting in and around your pack.What would he do there?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived