Sam Bowring - to Cov Bears

redditchbulldog

11 hours ago, 9' oller said:

Danny cowling was decent too although along with uglia too injury prone.

I think we are only 4 players away from a very decent team

I think you're right. So far I am very pleased with the squad we have assembled.

I would be happy enough if we confirmed Hooley at fb and White at standoff, but we need an Ulugia type of hard hitting tackle buster in the centre, and a quality scrum half with pace that would take us to the next level.

Somebody like Samutt or the hb Whitehaven have just signed, sounds very exciting and would have been ideal. Assuming Dec Patton is completely out of the ball park. 😉

I certainly think the squad is much better than last season. However, York and one or too other clubs look to have improved significantly too, so it will be interesting to see who else we bring in, and then how we go if the season goes ahead.

I am not sure where this improved squad is, from what I can see we have predominantly the same players that we have had for the last 3 seasons + two ex Super League players obviously not wanted by Halifax, players signed from average Championship clubs + 1 super league young player who seems to have a lot of potential.

If Linners can re-invent the Bulldog Spirit that has been missing from the last few seasons that would go a long way to improve performances/results but we desperately need some quality at half back.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Diskin was arrogant and either "one of the lads" or a ball buster depending on mood. Also polar opposite to kears motivator. I'm sure linners buys the batley mantra. He knows the responsibility he has and the relative margins to work within.

You can have a team full of talent but headed by an egomaniac and finish well before halway

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

On 17/09/2020 at 09:33, ernieone said:

I am not sure where this improved squad is, from what I can see we have predominantly the same players that we have had for the last 3 seasons + two ex Super League players obviously not wanted by Halifax, players signed from average Championship clubs + 1 super league young player who seems to have a lot of potential.

If Linners can re-invent the Bulldog Spirit that has been missing from the last few seasons that would go a long way to improve performances/results but we desperately need some quality at half back.

I think Hirst is a good signing, he could even prove to be one of the most astute signings of the season, depending on how the 6 again rules are interpreted in our division. If it implemented as it is in SL, we could find ourselves forcing teams to do nothing but defend, due to his quick play the balls. He is also an excellent pack leader.

I'm chuffed to bits with Buchanan and Broughton, with no disrespect to last seasons squad, they are a cataclysmic improvement over what we had in those positions, and will make a huge difference to the team. We finally have some pace in the squad, for a start.

I do agree we need a quality halfback, as I stated above. I was quite impressed by White, he isn't the fastest, but he is inventive, he can time a pass and has a decent field kicking game, I'm sure if he is partnered with somebody of Samutt's ilk for example, we will have a very strong HB partnership. It is a very big "If" though.

9'oller mentioned we need 4 players to make us in to a good side, but even 2 would do me, a quality SH and an Ulugia type of strike centre and I'd be backing us against most of the part time sides, and we might even trouble a couple of the full timers. 

Bowman is going again? He shored up the disappointment our halfbacks and seemingly lunt being second choice to every dependable leaky

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived