Junior rugby league hilarity

Copa

11 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

That was a robust rag-doll to finish her off. 

The defender in the headgear is the kind of brute who would bump the girls on the dodgems at the fair.

And then he just kicks the ball away.... 😄

😄😄😄 It brought back great memories of the annual Wakefield Council RL tournament we used to have in the 80’s and 90’s.  Our Department had only around 40 blokes from age 17-65 so getting 15 to play was always a problem so we always roped in a few players.  We put one ‘ringer’ well a lad who had never played before on the wing.

Early in the game he was put into space and off he went .... and went .......... and went.  He was half across an adjacent pitch before he realised no one was chasing him. 😄

Our other winger that day was a young 19 year old lad who was new to the Department.  He was about 5 foot 5 inches and around 7 stone but because he went jogging on a lunchtime he was press ganged into playing.

He was hopeless and dropped every pass he was given.  At half time he came over to me and asked if he could play on the other wing.  I said ‘Is it because you are left handed’.  ‘No’ he replied ‘It’s because I am blind in my left eye and can’t see what’s going on’.

2 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

That was a robust rag-doll to finish her off. 

If we were wondering where the next Gorden Tallis is coming from, I think we know now.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived