Yorkshire Leagues

I suppose never going to be number 1 priority or top of the agenda but talking Yorkshire Mens (and possibly Yorkshire Juniors) Currently as a player you could be playing all over Yorkshire and even Nottinghamshire. For players that are more on the social playing side of the spectrum would it make sense in restructuring the divisions in the Yorkshire mens keeping the NCL for your "elite amateur players". My idea is to divide the divisions more city wide to cut down on travel times and individual cost. With 5 section divisions which could contain more than one league, with the potential If you want to have playoffs for an overall Yorkshire mens champion. 

Bradford & District 

Central & East Yorkshire (York, Selby, Hull etc) 

Leeds & District 

Huddersfield & District

Wakefield & District and South Yorkshire 

This way the travel time is reduced, the season could be shortened if needed and as a player rather than alot of travel journey times are shortened. It would be interesting to hear from people especially those playing or have played under the current structure. 

13 minutes ago, HarrogateKnights said:

I suppose never going to be number 1 priority or top of the agenda but talking Yorkshire Mens (and possibly Yorkshire Juniors) Currently as a player you could be playing all over Yorkshire and even Nottinghamshire. For players that are more on the social playing side of the spectrum would it make sense in restructuring the divisions in the Yorkshire mens keeping the NCL for your "elite amateur players". My idea is to divide the divisions more city wide to cut down on travel times and individual cost. With 5 section divisions which could contain more than one league, with the potential If you want to have playoffs for an overall Yorkshire mens champion. 

Bradford & District 

Central & East Yorkshire (York, Selby, Hull etc) 

Leeds & District 

Huddersfield & District

Wakefield & District and South Yorkshire 

This way the travel time is reduced, the season could be shortened if needed and as a player rather than alot of travel journey times are shortened. It would be interesting to hear from people especially those playing or have played under the current structure. 

I've thought something similar but would regionalise it a couple of leagues down. Maybe have a Yorkshire Premier and 1 then regional. Would probably have the same as you but Bradford, Huddersfield and Halifax would be grouped together

19 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I was talking to one of the coaches at Leigh Miners who said that play was to resume on the first Saturday in Oct for 2 months, what I have yet to learn if that applies to both the National Conference and the North West Men's League, does anyone know?

And will speccy's be allowed.

Union not starting now in November  as was expected 

11 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

I've thought something similar but would regionalise it a couple of leagues down. Maybe have a Yorkshire Premier and 1 then regional. Would probably have the same as you but Bradford, Huddersfield and Halifax would be grouped together

Yeah that makes sense I suppose Yorkshire Premier is at a decent standard. I definitely think more could be done for "social" full contact players. There is a big drive on non contact however with the full contact you have players and teams willing to play but definitely could make it easier for people and potentially easier on player recruitment 

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I was talking to one of the coaches at Leigh Miners who said that play was to resume on the first Saturday in Oct for 2 months, what I have yet to learn if that applies to both the National Conference and the North West Men's League, does anyone know?

And will speccy's be allowed.

NCL will not run a separate  format 

The  contingency plan has been for the RFL to issue ' friendlies ' on a  very local basis mixing level 5 with level 4 clubs.  Fingers crossed that could still be the case. and  2 / 10 was the hoped for re-start .  Under strict control many clubs have started to train again. No games  however will be sanctioned after 28/11. ( be they winter or summer leagues. )

Social distancing rules would apply to spectators and likewise clubhouses.

The RFL  and all other full contact sports are guided by  the Government.  The very nature of our game puts us in the last to be ' normalised '  The pathway to full re-engagement is incredibly difficult- clubs have the details ( for instance only 6 players per changing room !! ).

Covid is returning. The game is not in a good place . Other than at the  very top of both codes of rugby at pro level my view is that there will be no rugby  this Autumn and that  the  Community game will not be  passing a competitive ( or any ) ball before at least the New Year.......

Archived