NRL Try time

12 hours ago, bentleyman said:

Put it on today to record Rnd 18 as advertised but they actually showed Rnd 17 from 2 weeks ago any clue anyone ?

Yes it was annoying

Also... Does anyone know how to get NRL try time on Watch NRL... Can't find it

If not is there anyway to watch highlights of any game rather than whole thing on watch NRL? 

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yes it was annoying

If not is there anyway to watch highlights of any game rather than whole thing on watch NRL? 

The NRL site has about a 4 minute package for each game.

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yep, I wish they would do a say 15-20 minute highlight..... That would be my ideal time to catch up each game I don't watch in entirety 

Yeah mate soon as I posted that I realised that 4 minutes isn`t really enough, and that you may have been referring to something a little bit longer, and they seem to take them down pretty quick as well.

It`s good when you can see the tries from all the angles and even the close calls, big hits, neat bits of play etc. I think a lot of people probably feel the same, now that we talk about it , it`s kind of odd they don`t have it.

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yes it was annoying

Mini games in the highlights press conference section, they compress the game into 20 mins, they do have just the trys too I think 

3 hours ago, The Rocket said:

The NRL site has about a 4 minute package for each game.

I Referred previously to these roughly 4 minute montages in the context of the gratuitous depiction of RL as brutal and dangerous. These are the ones that the NRL post on YouTube for a more general audience to see. Whoever selects the "highlights" has no idea what an RL highlight is. The only guarantee that a genuine highlight will be included is if it ends in a try.

These "highlights" are up sometimes no longer than an hour after the game has finished. There`s no mitigation though that the editing is rushed or that 4 minutes is not long enough, given their unerring ability to find and include all the injuries. Only conclusion is that the editors can recognise injuries, but not great bits of RL play.

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yep, I wish they would do a say 15-20 minute highlight..... That would be my ideal time to catch up each game I don't watch in entirety 

You`d think 15 minutes would suffice. Particularly if they had more time to make considered selections. But the way the non-fans at NRL.com do it, about 5 minutes of that would consist of players limping, grimacing, being lead off or bandaged up, and pitchside reporters` injury updates.

And as in the UK, when editors don`t understand the game, they don`t know at which point to start a clip or what the key aspects are. When a player rolls a kick into the in-goal and it`s routinely knocked dead, the BBC seem to regard it as a near miss like hitting the post in Soccer. And better or more important than play involving ball-movement and offloads.

The PNG Digicel Cup YouTube highlights are sometimes eccentrically assembled, but at least they don`t waste time fixating on injuries.

On 16/09/2020 at 18:43, bentleyman said:

Put it on today to record Rnd 18 as advertised but they actually showed Rnd 17 from 2 weeks ago any clue anyone ?

It’s very annoying. It’s also annoying how they don’t even show the league table at the end of NRL Try time each week anymore. 

Archived