Fri 18 Sept: CCQF: Catalans Dragons v Salford Red Devils KO 6pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/09/20 at 17:30

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Yet again, Catalans indiscipline costs them dear. Well done to Salford. 

10 - 3 set restarts for Salford on top of a 1st half pen count of 7-1 was it?  That's a big mountain. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

This was a good result for Salford, but a bad result for rugby league.

Having Catalans at Wembley would have been a huge shot in the arm for French rugby league, even more than in 2018 because of the limited amount of sport available on French television during the Covid pandemic. Millions of French sports  fans would have been introduced to our game.

Having Salford at Wembley, in the unlikely event that they win their way there, will result in a very much below average crowd (only 3,000 people even attend when Salford games are played at Salford), And the one million plus casual sports fans who would initially tune in to watch the BBC telecast of the Final would be puzzled about where Salford is, and bored by the lack of attacking flair of the pedestrian Red Devils. They would quickly switch off the channel.

Catalans need to think seriously about how they can get the ball early to their match winning centre Israel Folau if they are to progress to and in the playoffs of Super League. Folau has been wasted over the past two games.

2 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Having Catalans at Wembley would have been a huge shot in the arm for French rugby league, even more than in 2018 because of the limited amount of sport available on French television during the Covid pandemic. Millions of French sports  fans would have been introduced to our game.

Having Salford at Wembley, in the unlikely event that they win their way there, will result in a very much below average crowd (only 3,000 people even attend when Salford games are played at Salford), And the one million plus casual sports fans who would initially tune in to watch the BBC telecast of the Final would be puzzled about where Salford is, and bored by the lack of attacking flair of the pedestrian Red Devils. They would quickly switch off the channel.

Catalans need to think seriously about how they can get the ball early to their match winning centre Israel Folau if they are to progress to and in the playoffs of Super League.

Dear Manfred,

Winners can laugh and you can......please yourself.

by Jove!

5 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

10 - 3 set restarts for Salford on top of a 1st half pen count of 7-1 was it?  That's a big mountain. 

It strikes me the restarts in this game were quite arbitary.  Even without that Catalan were generally flat.  But if they were energy sapped to start with the restarts dragged them to the knees.  But importantly they struggled to get points from their plays in the 10m area.  These days thats were you have to win.  It's the 10m line that counts these days, the middle of the park is just a trundle up and down.

7 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Catalans need to think seriously about how they can get the ball early to their match winning centre Israel Folau if they are to progress to and in the playoffs of Super League. Folau has been wasted over the past two games.

I’d cancel that staycation in Salford if I were you Manfred

6 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Catalans need to think seriously about how they can get the ball early to their match winning centre Israel Folau if they are to progress to and in the playoffs of Super League.

I get the feeling if that Salford side were French you’d be saying how good they are to watch. You seem prejudiced against British players/teams.

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I get the feeling if that Salford side were French you’d be saying how good they are to watch. You seem prejudiced against British players/teams.

Not true. I am a big fan of the quality English teams, particularly St.Helens.

25 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Have you forgotten the pathetic attendance at Wembley a couple of years ago for Catalans v Warrington? Salford were worthy winners, get over it.

3 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Salford getting to Wembley will result in a below average crowd? I think Covid will contribute to that more seen as even if there is a crowd at all it will be limited to about 20,000. 

I find it bizarre that the RFL is still planning to ship 20k plus fans from the North to Wembley for the final - it probably won't be allowed by the time we get there - but hopefully Wembley is giving them a cheap deal this year given the limits. 

Normally I take advantage of cheap early tickets and try and get a bunch of mates along, but this year am giving it a miss, mainly cos people in London still largely avoiding the tube.

Two of us will drive and park as close as we can get if we can. 

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

And the one million plus casual sports fans who would initially tune in to watch the BBC telecast of the Final would be puzzled about where Salford is. 

Hmmmmmm. Are you sure? 

2 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Have you forgotten the pathetic attendance at Wembley a couple of years ago for Catalans v Warrington? Salford were worthy winners, get over it.

I didn’t make a statement about whether or not Salford were worthy winners. I only commented on whether the possible future presence at Wembley of Salford compared to Catalans would be more or less beneficial for the game of rugby league.

I think that you are confusing me with somebody else.

Archived