Fri 18 Sept: CCQF: Catalans Dragons v Salford Red Devils KO 6pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/09/20 at 17:30

2 hours ago, Segovia Carpet said:

Salford seem to regularly beat the Dragons by playing superior Rugby League - far better than the Bargefest by the French forwards.

Is that the reason why the Meister auf Bargefest, Gilbert Dudson, will be moving to Perpignan next season, in order to help Catalans Dragons in their barge technique?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gooleboy said:

You have had one, 2007.

You are correct. And in fact I was there at Wembley. It was the first rugby league game at Wembley where a try was scored by a Muslim. That try scorer was Moroccan born Younes Khattabi.

How easily I forget!

10 hours ago, DavidM said:

Sarge being Sarge he should have cut out all the celebrating and just put it down 

As a pal pointed out, why the fo ok did he try and improve the angle for the kick?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

As a pal pointed out, why the fo ok did he try and improve the angle for the kick?

Ha ha...  I just wanted to soak up the atmosphere.

He played well for Wigan when he played there at full back.  He might still be in a Wigan jersey but for injury and loss of form.

Watkins did not look out of place given that it was is first game in ages.

12 hours ago, Toby Chopra said:

I really thought Salford had peaked getting to the GF and with the team being broken up they were on a inevitable downward spiral, but Ian Watson just keeps working his magic. Hope they make the final. 

Whilst Ian Watson keeps recieving all the credit, the style of play that Salford are now being applauded for and which has taken them to new heights, coincidently began early last season when Paul Rowley joined the Salford coaching staff, Ian Watson had been with Salford far far longer and they had not played this brand of football previously. If Paul Rowleys appointment was Ian Watsons then yes give him all the accolades of being a good manager but not all the plaudits that he is soley responsible for Salfords resurgence.

To make a good comparison, (please forgive me for using Union as an example) Clive Woodward got all the gongs and a knighthood for England winning the World Cup, but their game style changed immensely when our own Phil Larder was brought into the England set-up and his contribution was just as much as Woodwards to the success of the team. 

FWIW, I wouldn't let Paul Rowley anywhere near being a head coach anywhere, but soley  as an offensive coach there are not many better around.

On 18/09/2020 at 20:46, Toby Chopra said:

I find it bizarre that the RFL is still planning to ship 20k plus fans from the North to Wembley for the final - it probably won't be allowed by the time we get there - but hopefully Wembley is giving them a cheap deal this year given the limits. 

Normally I take advantage of cheap early tickets and try and get a bunch of mates along, but this year am giving it a miss, mainly cos people in London still largely avoiding the tube.

Two of us will drive and park as close as we can get if we can. 

If going by train to Wembley, I suggest going via Birmingham, change train to High Wycombe and then take the slow train that stops at Wembley stadium.

Driving to Wycombe off the M40 and getting the train is also worth considering.

Either way, you could even have a few pints in Wycombe before getting on the train.

Just a thought, by Jove!

On 19/09/2020 at 09:49, Harry Stottle said:

Whilst Ian Watson keeps recieving all the credit, the style of play that Salford are now being applauded for and which has taken them to new heights, coincidently began early last season when Paul Rowley joined the Salford coaching staff, Ian Watson had been with Salford far far longer and they had not played this brand of football previously. If Paul Rowleys appointment was Ian Watsons then yes give him all the accolades of being a good manager but not all the plaudits that he is soley responsible for Salfords resurgence.

To make a good comparison, (please forgive me for using Union as an example) Clive Woodward got all the gongs and a knighthood for England winning the World Cup, but their game style changed immensely when our own Phil Larder was brought into the England set-up and his contribution was just as much as Woodwards to the success of the team. 

FWIW, I wouldn't let Paul Rowley anywhere near being a head coach anywhere, but soley  as an offensive coach there are not many better around.

From the little I've seen of Salford this season, Kevin Brown is the key.  Last time I saw him play was v Fev end of last season for Leigh.  He was brilliant that night too.  Pity for Leigh that the rest of the team, especially Brierley let Leigh down.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

10 minutes ago, Trojan said:

From the little I've seen of Salford this season, Kevin Brown is the key.  Last time I saw him play was v Fev end of last season for Leigh.  He was brilliant that night too.  Pity for Leigh that the rest of the team, especially Brierley let Leigh down.

It's a fair point about Brown.  He is having a bit of an indian summer. Fair doos to him.  Frankly I think he is a bit over rated, but that does not stop him being a good player and an influential player as long as his team mates work for him.

On 18/09/2020 at 15:34, Segovia Carpet said:

Manfred you are a clown,  No - a bitter clown - No a bitter and BIASED clown - Salford seem to regularly beat the Dragons by playing superior Rugby League - far better than the Bargefest by the French forwards.

Are you really Segovia Carpet, or are you just pretending to be?

Archived