Sat 19th Sept: CCQF: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 2.30pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/20 at 14:00

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Looking forward to this one - 50/50 game, should be a cracker.

Should be.

As a Warrington fan I can’t help feeling much less enthusiasm for the cup this year. As well as the fact that a summer day out at Wembley won’t be on offer, I also feel the cup will be a huge distraction when we should be throwing everything at securing that elusive grand final win.

First time I’ve ever said this, but... secretly hoping for a Saints win 😳

5 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

First time I’ve ever said this, but... secretly hoping for a Saints win 😳

There is no worse crime in Warrington from a wire then to utter those words.

If a win against Saints took us down that would be more palatable than wanting us to lose.

SHAME ON YOU. 😁

Given the choice, I’d rather we won back-to-back Super League titles than a Challenge Cup this year but there’s no guarantee of either, so we’ll go for both and see what happens.

I don’t particularly have worries about the depth of our squad, I think it’s pretty good, though I did fear the worst when we faced the threequarter lineup being Costello, Simm, Welsby, Grace, though we’ve somehow managed to successfully appeal Kev Naiqama’s suspension and Mark Percival returns so it looks like it’s going to be a shootout between Costello and Welsby to take that wing berth. 

Given the unprecedented times we’re in that sees us facing a load of games shoehorned in to the calendar and the new faster format of the game that will have effects on players in different ways to before, I just fear fatigue and/or injuries could see a downturn in form and possibly ending up with no trophies at the end of the year, whenever that is. 

From my memory, we have lost our last four knockout games against Warrington. Don't think we've beaten them in a knockout game since 2008, so we are due a win!

Percival and Naiqama both playing is a big boost. I have huge reservations about Welsby on the wing, with Austin testing him with high kicks all day. I'd be tempted to put Naiqama dealing with kicks.

Both squads look strong so no excuses for either. Hope our pack has been riled by previous defeats to Warrington and some of the comments coming out of their camp earlier in the year. I am going to back Saints, but only just!

52 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

it looks like it’s going to be a shootout between Costello and Welsby to take that wing berth

Costello isn't in the squad so I imagine it'll be Welsby. Can't see Simm there. In fairness to Welsby he's done fine recently. Need the forwards to rip in and stop Austin getting the space, then he won't have anything to catch.

Tough game. Both teams will be confident given recent results so hopefully it's a good one.

10 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

That Davis was going on about how soft the Saints pack is, how they don’t like it rough and other nonsensical rubbish to a local paper in Warrington. 

Matt Davis? Are you sure it wasn’t just a bit of tongue-in-cheek banter in the build up? All players and coaches roll out the ‘need to get in their faces’ line from time to time. I’m surprised that a player would accuse another pack of being ‘soft’... especially bearing in mind Davis is on the smaller side for a forward 😁

26 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Matt Davis? Are you sure it wasn’t just a bit of tongue-in-cheek banter in the build up? All players and coaches roll out the ‘need to get in their faces’ line from time to time. I’m surprised that a player would accuse another pack of being ‘soft’... especially bearing in mind Davis is on the smaller side for a forward 😁

Yeah, him. Probably was. I hadn’t seen it originally in Feb/March and only saw it last week on RedVee (I would have linked it if I could remember where I saw it). But yeah, he was saying we were soft in the forwards and other rubbish like that. 

17 minutes ago, Moove said:

Might also be referring to Lineham's 'so called champions' digs after the game earlier in the season.

Lineham is just a cheeky wind-up merchant, but everyone knows he’s not being serious. I like his interviews, and it sure as hell beats hearing the standard “xxx are a strong errr team errr y’know, and errr we’ll have to be at our best errr y’know...”. People take both life and SKY too seriously 😊

3 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Lineham is just a cheeky wind-up merchant, but everyone knows he’s not being serious. I like his interviews, and it sure as hell beats hearing the standard “xxx are a strong errr team errr y’know, and errr we’ll have to be at our best errr y’know...”. People take both life and SKY too seriously 😊

I agree. Nothing wrong with a bit of hype coming out if a team before or after a big game. Makes it more interesting. 

3 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

One person's 'cheeky wind up merchant' can be another's classless tool I guess 🙂

I know what you mean though, all gets a bit sterile and cliched. I don't mind a bit of sledging like that. Better to have some characters and pantomime villains in the game and adds to the fun when they get put on their backside or lose next time.

Mocking the champions tag might have been funnier if his club had been champions in living memory though 😉

Match of the round. My record on predictions when it comes to Rugby League is chequered.. but I think I can post with some confidence that a Warrington win is the certain outcome.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

17 hours ago, Moove said:

Mocking the champions tag might have been funnier if his club had been champions in living memory though 😉

I am sure we have fans who maybe just have a living memory when we were champions. But as they say the longer the run the closer to the end you are. And when was the last final you beat us in?. 

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Just seen team sheets, can anyone explain how Naiqumas playing. I thought a two match ban for an attack to the head was fair.

Better lawyers. Warrington don't seem to challenge any charge. 

13 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Better lawyers. Warrington don't seem to challenge any charge. 

Don't know how he's got off with that, disciplinary is a joke.

Archived