Sat 19th Sept: CCQF: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 2.30pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/20 at 14:00

Saints in trouble now, they'll be glad it's half-time.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Twice I've looked away from the screen to attend to this pie I'm making. Both times a try was scored.

I'm open to offers...

No kidding - I spent a couple of minutes topping, decorating and applying the first glaze just now.

I've seen all the first-half tries in replay only.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

What a great try. Wire look imperious. Watching the last 10 minutes reminded me of the Ray French quote “there’s no excuse for pace...”

Classic

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Pains me to say it as a Widnes fan, but Steve Price has got Warrington playing some really nice stuff. Coote saved a couple of tries for Saints early on, but Daryl Clark and the Warrington outside backs are ripping Saints to pieces.

3 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

What a great try. Wire look imperious. Watching the last 10 minutes reminded me of the Ray French quote “there’s no excuse for pace...”

Also another commentator (possibly Voss) who described a player: "he is diseased with speed!"

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Rumours are his family is back in Australia. 

Widdop’s positive test for C19 was (or rather wasn’t) announced on the day of the Hull game, which meant his 14 day quarantined ended on Thursday.  So no time to train ahead of this week’s game.  Expect he’ll be back next week, which will give an interesting selection headache!!

For more information on the Rugby League Record Keepers' Club please visit our official website at www.rugbyleaguerecords.com

15 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I always thought that was Alex Murphy. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

18 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

More details please, for those who do not have a working VPN!

Saints looked good in the first 10/15 mins scoring a great support play try. Then Coote missed a trap on a 40/20 kick and wire had a good solid period of possession. Saints defended well but cracked in the end and at the end of the half Wires off loads means Saints defense was really struggling to cope. 

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

The recovery Mose has made has been extraordinary after being told he might never walk again. What a strong man, true fighter! 

HIs attitude must give his family so much strength.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Knowles held up over the line - great tackling.

Good job you were watching or he would have got over.

Just now, bobbruce said:

Go and check on that pie. 

Sorry; nothing to do 'til second glaze, just before cooking, and that's a couple of hours away.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived