Sat 19th Sept: CCQF: Hull FC v Wigan Warriors KO 5pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/20 at 16:30

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sneyd is back for Hull. Initially they said he could be out for 2 months, and that's been 2 weeks! So hopefully he actually is fit and they aren't just rushing him back out of desperation due to Kelly being out.

Naulago and Shaul are missing too. Big chance for Connor Wynne to show what he can do again.

I am expecting a Wigan win, but if we fight for 80 minutes and give it a real go that will do for me. And I live in hope that we can cause an upset.

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

I see Wigan have signed Brad Singleton for 3 years and avaiable for rest of season.  Bullock has a broken hand and Burgess has a hip issue, and Flower is leaving at end of season, so I can see why that have moved now.

Burgess has had a hip "issue" for 3 years it's why Souths got shot of him.

Wigan squad looking a bit lightweight up front,which will give Hull hope of an upset.

40 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Wigan squad looking a bit lightweight up front,which will give Hull hope of an upset.

Souths gave him a years extension to his contract. But he clearly still has issues with it.

But someone will have to step up with the likes of Smithies not available. Presumably O'Loughlin will play, but obviously he is not match fit.

At least Gildart looking sharp. I read that Connor sees himself as a 7. That will be interesting to see how he goes.  Personally I don't mind how much he shouts his mouth off as long as he is worth it.

I'm leaning towards a Hull win in this one. They've got a very good pack of forwards and they've probably been the biggest underachievers so far this year but look to be coming into some form now. I think it's pretty much nailed on that they'll be very dominant in the forwards. Wigan will probably be hoping for an energetic defensive display similar to the Catalans game and looking to be clinical with any attacking opportunities.

We've only got 3 props in the squad and one of those is Mitch Clark who couldn't even get picked ahead of an injured Burgess last week. Clark may get a chance to redeem himself but Lam could also give an opportunity to Jack Wells or Harry Rushton instead.

I think the power of Hull's forwards will be the difference in this one.

Just reading that Atropa (Hull's main shirt sponsor) have requested Hull wear their 2005 replica shirt that they wore last week again. Forgoing their sponsorship for another week, since their name isn't on the shirt.

For those that aren't aware this shirt is a fundraising one for Rob Burrow. £5 from every sale is going to him. Great gesture from Atropa to do their little bit for Rob.

I'll go Hull.  They were impressive last week .  

I saw a very powerful DIY SOS tv show on BBC last night.  Helping a family of Hull FC fans.  Some good wheelchair rugby action on show.  One lad was sporting a Myton Warriors shirt.  If Hull can get a result for that family it would be great.

If our goal line defence is up to it's usual standard, we'll concede every time Wiggin are in with a sniff.

I'm with MZH on this one, as long as they tighten that up and have a go for the full 80 mins then I can't complain.

Think we'll come second.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 17/09/2020 at 13:49, Davo5 said:

They got rid because basically he's ######.

17 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

If our goal line defence is up to it's usual standard, we'll concede every time Wiggin are in with a sniff.

I'm with MZH on this one, as long as they tighten that up and have a go for the full 80 mins then I can't complain.

Think we'll come second.

Don't worry the Wigan attack can always find a defender.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

5 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

As a neutral will be cheering for Hull. Think it will be close with Hull edging it. 

That means you're not neutral.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Padge said:

That means you're not neutral.

You know that’s exactly what I thought as soon as I posted (!)......so as a London Skolars fan I shall be rooting for Hull. 😁

Costly error from Johnstone there.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived