Sat 19th Sept: CCQF: Hull FC v Wigan Warriors KO 5pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/20 at 16:30

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

How ironic.

I gifted you that one, make the most of it.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't work out in the BBC Match Facts what 'total metres gain' means. It is too low for either team running metres or full metres from sets (FC are 363 and Wigan 360). 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I know we're not very good but how is it that every time a Wigan player is injured the game stops. Then Connor Wynne gets injured and Wigan kick through to where he would have been and score?

Well the ref made Clarke go off the field when Hull were on Wigan's line, did he not?

The only reason play was stopped was because both Powell and Manfredi were injured and "in the way".

14 minutes ago, JohnM said:

😀

😀😀

😄😄😄

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

You obviously don't agree but Makinson had a better grip on Watts balls than Powell and Farrell did. You could read a news paper between Powell arm and the ball.

17 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Another,that Hull walk has come on a treat this year.

Stop talking shi te and explain why you think my earlier post was hilarious.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

11 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You obviously don't agree but Makinson had a better grip on Watts balls than Powell and Farrell did. You could read a news paper between Powell arm and the ball.

It's not a matter of agreement. It's a matter of fact. It's a matter of record. 

Extra ten, not seen often, well done Jake.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

14 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Hull's pack have worked their balls off but the backs are a bunch of rabbits in the headlights.

Faraimo is one exception in the backs.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1) This game reminds me of some of the old GB vs Australia games where we tried really hard but got undone by the Aussies capitalising on every error. At the end you were left thinking how have we lost by so many. I feel for Hull - they've stuck at it, but Wigan just have that extra quality.

2) When I hear the commentator say Shorrocks, I imagine my friend in Bristol saying the word sharks.

Archived