Sat 19th Sept: CCQF: Hull FC v Wigan Warriors KO 5pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/20 at 16:30

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fightback is *looks at watch* not on, but at least Hull weren't nilled.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This Hull FC side that has turned up for the last few minutes of the game look rather good.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, marklaspalmas said:

When are you having that pie? For your tea?

He didn't say if it was vegan or not.

Sadly on a different note, the BBC had to rush through the after game issues.  The coaches and captains ignored and programme truncated.  The one it's replacing at 7pm is OK and worthwhile, but the tv guide says it's a repeat, first played last week.  

34 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Hull's pack have worked their balls off but the backs are a bunch of rabbits in the headlights.

I think people are being a little harsh on Hull here. Wigan were the better team by some distance, but they had a couple of iffy tries to start with and Hull were playing catch-up from then on, leading to things like the length of the field try for Wigan at the end of the first half when the pass was pushed. The best defence in the world would not have stopped that beautiful try from Hardaker's kick. 

13 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

When are you having that pie? For your tea?

Right now.

YOng0Ft.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hull fans seem to think they have a hugely talented team whose only problem is poor coaching but I think they are confusing huge talent with huge pay packets.

These Hull players are being paid more than any Hull FC squad in the history of the club but if the biff bash doesn't work they seem bereft of ideas and creativity. Admittedly Sneyd was probably rushed back early and his kicking game is absolutely crucial for this limited Hull team.

Wigan are rightly lauded for their toughness so they were never going to be intimidated  by Hull and when it came down to skills it was a no contest.

6 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Hull fans seem to think they have a hugely talented team whose only problem is poor coaching but I think they are confusing huge talent with huge pay packets.

These Hull players are being paid more than any Hull FC squad in the history of the club but if the biff bash doesn't work they seem bereft of ideas and creativity. Admittedly Sneyd was probably rushed back early and his kicking game is absolutely crucial for this limited Hull team.

Wigan are rightly lauded for their toughness so they were never going to be intimidated  by Hull and when it came down to skills it was a no contest.

It must be so frustrating being a fan of Hull FC, in 3 weeks time they will look like worldbeaters they then hibernate for a few weeks and are pants, only to wake with promises of another false dawn.

15 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

He didn't say if it was vegan or not.

Sadly on a different note, the BBC had to rush through the after game issues.  The coaches and captains ignored and programme truncated.  The one it's replacing at 7pm is OK and worthwhile, but the tv guide says it's a repeat, first played last week.  

The game went on and on with all the stops for head knocks, though. 

My issue is it is a waste to have the games back to back, as opposed to having them on separate days. We would get far more people watching if we spread them out. 

5 minutes ago, JonM said:

I think people are being a little harsh on Hull here. Wigan were the better team by some distance, but they had a couple of iffy tries to start with and Hull were playing catch-up from then on, leading to things like the length of the field try for Wigan at the end of the first half when the pass was pushed. The best defence in the world would not have stopped that beautiful try from Hardaker's kick. 

Yes. Fair comments. But right from the get go Hull were not focussed.  Wigan were away with the fairies against KR the other week, but today they were as spot on as one could expect.   And it was not their best team.

1 minute ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

The game went on and on with all the stops for head knocks, though. 

My issue is it is a waste to have the games back to back, as opposed to having them on separate days. We would get far more people watching if we spread them out. 

Problem is we would incur more expense, money is not something that is overflowing from the cup.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

with that lightweight pack,named Wigan's backs could be playing the majority of the game on the back foot.

That lightweight pack didn't look that lightweight or on the backfoot. I think you underestimate these kids coming through.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

9 minutes ago, Padge said:

That lightweight pack didn't look that lightweight or on the backfoot. I think you underestimate these kids coming through.

Not underestimating anyone,it was a concern seeing how we were missing some size in the front row,the lads showed great line speed and out enthused a bigger more experienced Hull pack,helped by numerous Hull errors.

However I think we would have struggled today if we had played Saints/Wire,but with Bullock back and a fit SOL we can hopefully kick on.

3 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Not that much expense surely... and as I regularly say, the BBC has as loads of money.

Sorry but at the moment any extra expense is an extravagance, we have a £16m stay alive loan to pay back. 

I also don't get the more viewers angle (I know you didn't say it), if I want to watch the two games on two seperate days it screws my weekend up totally whereas two on one day means I still have a free day for other stuff.

8 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Not that much expense surely... and as I regularly say, the BBC has as loads of money.

And I said yesterday the BBC RL coverage is champion for a regional sport. If you had your way a typical BBC1 evening would look like this.

5.15 Pointless Rugby League. 

Contestants test their RL knowledge for prizes. Today's prize,  a season ticket to Hunslet RLFC

6.OO News

6.30 RL Antique Roadshow

The team of Phil Clarke and John Wells visit Dewsbury to see what RL memorabilia can be unearthed. 

7.30 The RL One Show.

Terry and Baz host another topical magazine edition of the popular show, today looking at fashion and food. What to wear at RL games, and what is the best food to eat while watching the nation's favourite sport.

8.00 The Salforders.

Soap continues with those heartwarming Salford folk.at the AJ Bell who have come up with another plan to increase attendances. Meanwhile rival gang ," the Nevilles" at Salford FC plan a counter strike.  Top drama.

8.30 Strictly Rugby League 

Semi final of dance competition,  this week Leigh vs Featherstone. Players and their wives take to the floor.

Judges Brian Carney, John Kear, and Dave Woods.

9.00 The Toronto Empire.

Comedy as Chris Barrie plays Gordon Brittas formerly a leisure centre manager,  now managing Toronto Wolfpack, trying to establish themselves in Super League.  Will the 10th attempt succeed or will mayhem ensue

9.30 The New Generation Game.

Eorl Crabtree hosts couples playing RL themed games. What will be on the Prize Conveyor Belt tonight? Leeds Rhinos shirt, cuddly Brian Carney toy..

10.00 News

10.35 - 10.40 Five minute slot for football results of the last week,  in case anyone cares. 

10.45 World Cup Qualifying Match

On the red button for those who care, England vs Germany World Cup football semi final from Brazil .

On the main channel Rugby League World Cup qualifier 

Pitcairn Islands vs Tuvulu. 

15 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Pitcairn Islands vs Tuvulu

I, for one, am OUTRAGED that this match has been put on so late. It's a joke, a farce, a disgrace, etc. I blame Nigel Wood, er, or someone...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived