Luke Thompson

thebrewxi

6 hours ago, barnyia said:

World class is pushing it a bit, he had a good game. 

World class as in looked a class player in the best league. And international shoe in if he keeps that up imho.  Maybe semantics in what I think of as world class as definitely not saying dally m, or even best prop in nrl. But looked as good if not better the Tom B yesterday 

He was good . By top NRL standards just good , but the encouraging thing is he’s on an upward curve and i think there’s plenty more to come if they use him to his strengths and he continues to adapt to what’s needed there . It’s a tough spot to come right into mid season , I’m looking forward to seeing him next season 

His first few games were baffling. He probably had the highest decoy to hit up ratio in the NRL. 

He played well, but wasn't world class. I think he needs a full pre season to get back to his best. 

His ball running has definitely improved - still a lot of question marks in defence for me. Too many times, even this past week's game, where he was the third man in and got beaten 3 times in one on one tackles - very grabby. 

He is finding a bit of confidence though and as many of us have said repeatedly, a full preseason and and the Dogs actually being less than terrible will help massively too. 

He'll be fine next season with a good preseason and his bird there with him. I said before, this is a really tough situation for him, joining a bum team, mid-season, having not been able to train for months and having to adapt to a new country in trying circumstances. He should be proud to have got through this phase and look forward to next season. He's a top player and will excel next year in the right environment, people are too reactionary.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

8 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

He'll be fine next season with a good preseason and his bird there with him. I said before, this is a really tough situation for him, joining a bum team, mid-season, having not been able to train for months and having to adapt to a new country in trying circumstances. He should be proud to have got through this phase and look forward to next season. He's a top player and will excel next year in the right environment, people are too reactionary.

You've said on the Gavin Henson thread that he'll be a failure and won't last two games. This before he's even taken part in a training session 

9 hours ago, Hughsehhh said:

You've said on the Gavin Henson thread that he'll be a failure and won't last two games. This before he's even taken part in a training session 

That’s not reactionary, it’s based on a judgement of his whole career, age and recent success of RU converts in RL.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Archived