Brazil needs a nickname, and you can vote

We entered the final stage for the choice of the new mascot of the Brazilian Rugby League National Team!
Of 10 mascots, there were only 3, after the two phases of polls on social media in Brazil Rugby League.
We arrived at the decision and it's in your hands to choose who will be the symbol of men in the next challenges:
#Spiranhas: The giant otter of the Amazon basin and the Pantanal! In Tupi, Ariranha means the ′′ Water Jaguar ′′ and is famous for being very social, living in large families, always ′′ attending ".
#Carcarás: It's the Brazilian falcon! Our country's typical bird of prey, found from north to south, carcará is present in popular culture.
#Jaguars: Greatest predator in the Americas, the Painted Jaguar is also known as the Jaguar and is a strong symbol in indigenous cultures and also in the world of sports.
Voting is simple, just like the photo of the animal you prefer, the most voted is chosen. Voting goes until the 20/09th!
Three Brazilian fauna animals that need to be valued and protected. For you, which one should be the Rugby League selection symbol?

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I like the Carcaras one. More stylised, and incorporates a Rugby ball.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 hours ago, langpark said:

Interesting. Is Belize RL even a registered legal entity to be putting out "statements" or is it just a facebook page? 

It is a group of guys in Belize. Nothing registered yet. I run the social media for them.

What I don't understand is Brazil has been playing for nearly 5 years now. Why didn't they have a national team name?

Either way, it is out there. It will be disappointing if the vote is for Jaguars.

new rise.jpg

4 hours ago, Pulga said:

It is a group of guys in Belize. Nothing registered yet. I run the social media for them.

What I don't understand is Brazil has been playing for nearly 5 years now. Why didn't they have a national team name?

Either way, it is out there. It will be disappointing if the vote is for Jaguars.

Jaguars is currently in 3rd place, by some distance. So all this fuss for nothing in the end.

Hopefully both parties just move on and don't waste any more time or energy on this petty disagreement. 

2 hours ago, langpark said:

Jaguars is currently in 3rd place, by some distance. So all this fuss for nothing in the end.

Hopefully both parties just move on and don't waste any more time or energy on this petty disagreement. 

Yeah, hopefully it sorts itself out.

new rise.jpg

I quite like the chosen design, but can't help think it looks like it was put together by some gentlemen who may have arrived in Brazil, from Europe, in a bit of a rush, in around 1945/46.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

On 20/09/2020 at 03:46, Pulga said:

How did you end up getting involved with a group of blokes playing Rugby League in Belize?

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

How did you end up getting involved with a group of blokes playing Rugby League in Belize?

Just like I've done in El Salvador, Nicaragua and Honduras. I "cold call" RU players through Facebook. Have a conversation with them, tell them about RL and see what happens.

new rise.jpg

On 22/09/2020 at 05:02, nadera78 said:

I quite like the chosen design, but can't help think it looks like it was put together by some gentlemen who may have arrived in Brazil, from Europe, in a bit of a rush, in around 1945/46.

It was my favourite, but this reference puts a slightly different light on the matter

Is it possible connections might be made with Ira Levin`s "The Boys From Brazil" novel?

6 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

It was my favourite, but this reference puts a slightly different light on the matter

Is it possible connections might be made with Ira Levin`s "The Boys From Brazil" novel?

It was a joke dude

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Nice. How did you get involved with RL in that part of the world? Do you live there?

No. I married into a Salvadoran family. 

My brother-in-law played here in Australia growing up which got me thinking....

new rise.jpg

Archived