robbie hunter paul

as i stated in another thread- rhp is bit like a pensioners  todger, always hanging round still but no one knows why!

so with the 2 cc matches coming up on the beeb this weekend what quality and words of wisdom will he add to the broadcast?

does he get paid for his contribution? or does he just get free entry to the ground?

dont get me wrong, i dont dislike the guy -he seems a nice enough bloke and he was a decent player in an awesome team and era for the bulls

but his role seems to have shrunk and become  pointless with not much use (again a bit like the pensioners todger)

so do the beeb use him differently or drop him all together ? or maybe you see him as a valuable part of the broadcast team with the beeb not using him to his full potential 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

how about a small feature before a game "robbies hobbies" where he interviews a player about his hobbies- such as regan graces amazing collection of top trumps 

7 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

how about a small feature before a game "robbies hobbies" where he interviews a player about his hobbies- such as regan graces amazing collection of top trumps 

As long it’s not “ robbies jobbies “

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

dont get me wrong, i dont dislike the guy -he seems a nice enough bloke and he was a decent player in an awesome team and era for the bulls

but his role seems to have shrunk and become  pointless with not much use (again a bit like the pensioners todger

Especially when he offers no deeper analysis than anyone else already involved. 

18 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

So we are berating one of a rare few that has a national profile 😂😂 ok then. 

not at all- its up to the beeb to use chosen former sports stars to their full potential based on personality and knowledge of their game and package that back up to us as license payers

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

as i stated in another thread- rhp is bit like a pensioners  todger, always hanging round still but no one knows why!

so with the 2 cc matches coming up on the beeb this weekend what quality and words of wisdom will he add to the broadcast?

does he get paid for his contribution? or does he just get free entry to the ground?

but his role seems to have shrunk and become  pointless with not much use (again a bit like the pensioners todger)

so do the beeb use him differently or drop him all together ? or maybe you see him as a valuable part of the broadcast team with the beeb not using him to his full potential 

As I read this, I am taking a knee in support of the Capital Letters Matter movement. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

15 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

so do the beeb use him differently or drop him all together ? or maybe you see him as a valuable part of the broadcast team with the beeb not using him to his full potential i

I quite like his presentation style

Looks for the humour in any discussion and is self effacing whenever his own career comes up

He's probably one of the more recognisable faces to non fans too

I say keep him

3 hours ago, TBone said:

Is his role to provide the level of in-depth analysis that you get from the loud, half cut guy, in the pub who likes to regularly demonstrate how little he knows about anything/everything? If so, he’s great.

Ah, the anthem of the true rugby league fan. Robbie Hunter Paul, Big Nige, Mo, Schoey, French, Jiffy, Rimmer.... Ad nauseum... 

https://youtu.be/yNbx7QWf-cg

9 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I know it’s not him that does it and he’s directed to but I’ve always disliked him hanging around teams while they’re trying to warm up and him walking on the pitch when teams have scored a try and then having to sprint off when he’s been on too long. 

I like the fact its very close at pitch level seeing players.... Don't see that much.mixed on terms of what is said I guess 

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I know it’s not him that does it and he’s directed to but I’ve always disliked him hanging around teams while they’re trying to warm up and him walking on the pitch when teams have scored a try and then having to sprint off when he’s been on too long. 

Yes that’s just ridiculous . I usually hoped someone would knock into him accidentally on purpose 

Archived