Gavin Henson - signed first West Wales

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He could be an outside chance for the Wales WC squad if he has an absolute blinder, half backs aren't out strong point. I think for one reason or another he never went to a WC in union.

I'm a NW Crusader supporter but live away from there, l'll definitely go home to catch NW Crusaders v WWR, it'll put bums on seats 

11 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

He could be an outside chance for the Wales WC squad if he has an absolute blinder, half backs aren't out strong point. I think for one reason or another he never went to a WC in union.

I'm a NW Crusader supporter but live away from there, l'll definitely go home to catch NW Crusaders v WWR, it'll put bums on seats 

By the time the season starts hell be 39 and won't have played pro rugby for nearly 2 years. He spends his time playing Sunday league football and running a pub.

It's a great publicity signing that no doubt comes a lot cheaper than SBW, so all credit to WWR for getting stuff done but let's not get carried away. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/new-life-gavin-henson-drugs-17847965.amp

1 hour ago, OriginalMrC said:

I doubt he'll be able to cut it at his age and he spent the last 10 years of his career injured on and off. Still a fantastic signing for publicity more than anything, and if he does get on the pitch his kicking will be a sight to behold. 

He’s a year younger than Gareth Ellis who’s still playing Super League 

54 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He’s a year younger than Gareth Ellis who’s still playing Super League 

And Gareth Ellis has played RL all his life. Anyway it's not just his age, it's the fact he hasnt played for two years and before that was injury prone. Don't get me wrong he was a fantastic player but playing your first game of RL at 39 would be a challenge for anyone, no matter how good you were. 

I don't want to take away anything from the signing though, it's a great signing for Raiders bringing a lot of publicity and well done to them for getting it over the line. 

He's certainly a big name regardless of which code you prefer. He might just put a fare few more bums on seats and raise the profile of the club. If they can afford him I don't see the problem. The merchandise side of things will definitely improve. Good luck to the raiders being brave enough to be bold. Welcome to Rugby league Gavin Henson. 

Archived