Current World XIII

JM2010

18 minutes ago, MrPosh said:

Give me Kikau in the opposition all day long.

Run at him a bit and he starts falling off tackles.

He's a weapon at club level, but that's his limit. Without even thinking about SL, the two English lads at Canberra are a level up from him in their overall game.

That's an interesting call.  I agree that Whitehead and Batemen are fantastic but I would actually reverse your logic.  If I wanted a player in my team for a season it would be Whitehead and then Bateman as they wonderfully consistent.  But if I were selecting a team to win a big game I would go with Kikau... the guy is almost unplayable at times - very similar to Fifita at Brisbane.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Dunbar said:

That's an interesting call.  I agree that Whitehead and Batemen are fantastic but I would actually reverse your logic.  If I wanted a player in my team for a season it would be Whitehead and then Bateman as they wonderfully consistent.  But if I were selecting a team to win a big game I would go with Kikau... the guy is almost unplayable at times - very similar to Fifita at Brisbane.

Kikau ran all over Bateman last year. He is special.

In a serious team I'd probably take Kikau and Bateman as a backrow but Bateman hasnt played much this season, so maybe Brett Ferres.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

14 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Reminds me of a young Freddy Mercury.

This has been first pointed out a long time ago, and many times since. It was even featured on an Australian rugby league television program a couple of years ago.

There needs to be 17 players

The correct team would be:

James Tedesco

Josh Addo-Carr,  Joseph Manu, Latrell Mitchell, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, 

Luke Keary, Nathan Cleary

Jason Taumololo,

John Bateman, David Fifita

Josh Papalii, Cameron Smith, Siosua Taukeiaho

Interchange: David Klemmer, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Williame Kikau, Apisai Korisau

On 23/09/2020 at 22:18, Manfred Mann said:

James Tedesco

Jason Taumololo,

Interchange: David Klemmer, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Williame Kikau, Apisai Korisau

Can anybody really question this team?

I will entertain debate over the wing spot I have you given to RTS, and the center spot given to Latrell Mitchell rather than Jack Wighton, or Tom Trbojevic, and the bench spot I have given to prop David “Clemency” Klemmer. But every other position seems to me to be beyond debate.

On 24/09/2020 at 03:18, Manfred Mann said:

James Tedesco

Jason Taumololo,

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

I will entertain debate over the wing spot I have you given to RTS, and the center spot given to Latrell Mitchell rather than Jack Wighton, or Tom Trbojevic, and the bench spot I have given to prop David “Clemency” Klemmer. But every other position seems to me to be beyond debate.

You two should get a room.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Even though I don't think his form this season is as good as in previous years Elliott Whitehead is the only British player that would be anywhere a World XIII, Walmsley doesn't play enough minutes to challenge the likes of Papali, RCG, JWH or Taukeiaho the best prop at present. The standard of the game here since resumption is really poor in comparison to what is on offer in the NRL, it shows in the fact that NRL cast offs like French, Hastings, Coote, Naquima, Maloney are the stand out player's so far.

If we are talking purely on for in this topic (which we may not be as people are selecting players out for the season!) then Cody Walker has to be a real shot at #6.

Keary and Munster are very good but on his day Walker is superb, his performance against the Roosters last week was as good a performance from a stand off as I have seen in recent years.

23 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

I’m not convinced those are the form centres I wouldn’t have Sheck on the wing. I’d have Ponga at stand off over keary and Klemmer wouldn’t get on the second teams bench but apart from that you’re not far off. 

36 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I’m not convinced those are the form centres I wouldn’t have Sheck on the wing. I’d have Ponga at stand off over keary and Klemmer wouldn’t get on the second teams bench but apart from that you’re not far off. 

How many times has Ponga played stand off in first grade or rep games? It can't be more than half a dozen.

On 28/09/2020 at 15:19, Dunbar said:

How many times has Ponga played stand off in first grade or rep games? It can't be more than half a dozen.

You are correct.

Ponga is considered a top class full back, not a top class stand off. No commentator in Australia would even consider Ponga as a rival to Luke Keary. The only credible rivals to Luke Keary are Cameron Munster, Jack Wighton and Cody Walker.

On 27/09/2020 at 20:35, Manfred Mann said:

It's difficult for me as I think apart from Roger TS, who I thought played great, I haven't seen any of the others.

I think Lachlan Coote and Regan Grace must be near as they have played flawless. Bevan French of Wigan too has stood out. 

The last Australia v GB match was close, even though they couldn't score, so I would imagine there would be some UK based players in the side?

Archived