Two best Fijian born rugby league wingers of the past 30 years

Name the two best Fijian-born wingers ever to play rugby league  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Name the two best Fijian born wingers of the last 30 years

• Noa Nadruku (Canberra)
    • Lote Tuqiri (Brisbane, Wests, South Sydney)
    • Akuila Uate (Newcastle, Manly, Huddersfield)
    • Marika Koroibete (Wests, Melbourne)
    • Semi Radradra (Parramatta)
    • Suilasi Vunivalu (Melbourne)
    • Maika Sivo (Parramatta)
    • Mikaele Ravalawa (St. George-Illawarra)
    • Eto Nabuli (St George-Illawarra)
    • Semi Valemei (Canberra)

Fiji has produced several brilliant rugby league wingers, some of whom were selected to play for Australia rather than Fiji.

Many of the very best Fijian recruits to rugby league subsequently have been poached by the evil doers of rugby union.

Let us consider who are the two best of these "Fijian fyers."

Please vote for the two (2) best wingers, in your opinion, to have ever played rugby league.

N.B. Jarryd Hayne was not born in Fiji, and was primarily a full back, not a winger.

I consider Lote Tuqiri and Semi Radradra the two best.

However I also consider Marika Koroibete, Suilasi Vunivalu, and Maika Sivo not far behind.

All five would be one of the stars of any ruby league team that they played for.

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

I consider Lote Tuqiri and Semi Radradra the two best.

However I also consider Marika Koroibete, Suilasi Vunivalu, and Maika Sivo not far behind.

All five would be one of the stars of any ruby league team that they played for.

I agree

There are some inexperienced names in that list, including Sivo. They are still developing, as is Melbourne's Isaac Lumelume (who I assume is being groomed as Vuni's replacement).

Eto Nabuli went back to RU after a pretty short stint.

Nadruku was a sensation in his time, and not the giant blockbusting type of winger we often associate with the Islanders these days.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

There are some inexperienced names in that list, including Sivo. They are still developing, as is Melbourne's Isaac Lumelume (who I assume is being groomed as Vuni's replacement).

Eto Nabuli went back to RU after a pretty short stint.

Nadruku was a sensation in his time, and not the giant blockbusting type of winger we often associate with the Islanders these days.

Isaac Lumelume doesn't qualify because he was born in Australia. Though he is obviously of Fijian heritage.

Very difficult . Top wingers there . I was a big fan of Nadruku , he had that edge of the seat quality when he got it . I don’t know the stats but he scored lots of tries in a great side  . I’ll go with him and Radradra but it’s cigarette paper stuff . 

Nadruku had blistering pace, a step and could shrug off tackles the complete package, Radradra was more about strength, but I was disappointed when he went to the other lot for cold, hard, cash.   They are my top two, its a shame Vunivalu is taking the same decision but there will be someone else along to replace him shortly no doubt.

Why is the topic title the two best Fijian born rugby league wingers of all time and then the poll just Fijian wingers in the last 30 years?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Why is the topic title the two best Fijian born rugby league wingers of all time and then the poll just Fijian wingers in the last 30 years?

And, Uate's okay-ish stint at Huddersfield aside, just Fijians who played in the ARL/NRL?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

39 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

And, Uate's okay-ish stint at Huddersfield aside, just Fijians who played in the ARL/NRL?

Indeed.  Semi Valemei is in the list and while a good prospect he has so far played just 6 first grade games.  Semi Tadulala however is missing despite playing 179 games... just the majority were in the UK.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

50 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Indeed.  Semi Valemei is in the list and while a good prospect he has so far played just 6 first grade games.  Semi Tadulala however is missing despite playing 179 games... just the majority were in the UK.

Manfred , and this may come as a shock , is not omnipotent 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Manfred , and this may come as a shock , is not omnipotent 

Have you told him?

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

I don’t remember a fair few of them but I’m really looking forward to seeing Sivo in the flesh at Hull next year (if we can get tickets). 

I hope that you can get tickets to see Sivo, and the rest of the Fijian team for that matter. And I hope that Fiji can identify a five eighth who is good enough to assist the rest of what will be, barring too many injuries, a very high quality Fiji national team.

10 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I have listened to your voice, and, like William Jefferson Clinton, I feel your pain.

Accordingly, in compliance with your legitimate demand for consistency of thought, I have revised the title of this thread.

RI am very surprised and disappointed that Marika Koroibete did not get more votes. He is now a star rugby union player, and the winger for the Australian Wallabies.

i agree with those who think that Nadruku, Tuqiri, Koroibete, Radradra, Vunivalu, and Sivo are all sensational wingers.

Archived