WC Tickets

Eddie

58 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It would have been good if the clubs had advertise the fact that tickets went on sale today on their own websites and Facebook pages, for maximum outreach. It wouldn’t cost them anything other than a few minutes of an employee’s time. I’ve looked at a few though and there’s nothing. 

The marketing teams are probably still on furlough

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Eddie said:

It would have been good if the clubs had advertise the fact that tickets went on sale today on their own websites and Facebook pages, for maximum outreach. It wouldn’t cost them anything other than a few minutes of an employee’s time. I’ve looked at a few though and there’s nothing. 

Newcastle Thunder have got it on their Facebook and Twitter

Decided that as I was unable to book the seats I wanted , I would not go to any games. I when I spend my money, I want to know exactly where I am sitting and not be at the whim of some faceless wonder or computer .. The booking system is just simply not good enough .

Lost revenue to the game and I get a better view on the TV. 

booked yesterday for the family to go to the world cup final (normally just me and the lad (12) but the wife and daughter (9) want to come as its a world cup final and the women are playing first).. 

Booked this morning for the England v Greece game at Bramall Lane for me and the Lad + 2 of his mates from school and their dad's none of which are normal RL followers but want to go because its the world cup... 

who says internationals arent important to garner interest and grow the game!

30 minutes ago, RP London said:

booked yesterday for the family to go to the world cup final (normal just be and the lad (12) but the wife and daughter (9) want to come as its a world cup final and the women are playing first).. 

Booked this morning for the England v Greece game at Bramall Lane for me and the Lad + 2 of his mates from school and their dad's none of which are normal RL followers but want to go because its the world cup... 

I doubt any of those non-normal RL followers will be bothered if England win by plenty either. The "event" will be what leaves the positive impression on people.

30 minutes ago, RP London said:

booked yesterday for the family to go to the world cup final (normal just be and the lad (12) but the wife and daughter (9) want to come as its a world cup final and the women are playing first).. 

Agreed, just bought tickets for 8 mates from Norfolk to go to the quarter final at the KCOM, 6 of them have never been to an RL game in their life (though to be fair a ###### up in Hull was the big attraction). 

38 minutes ago, RP London said:

Internationals are the gateway drug to rugby league addiction. Automatic buy-in, innit.

4 hours ago, gazza said:

Decided that as I was unable to book the seats I wanted , I would not go to any games. I when I spend my money, I want to know exactly where I am sitting and not be at the whim of some faceless wonder or computer .. The booking system is just simply not good enough .

This has all the whiffs of a now infamous former World Cup post regarding postage costs...

Go on, take a chance. 

19 hours ago, gazza said:

If you wait until the general sale then that is exactly what you will be able to do.

1 hour ago, Saint 1 said:

I am far too keen for this. I went to 9 games as a student during the last RLWC over here. Currently planning on attending 21 men's games and 9 women's games, might be a bit frantic with shuttling between a few of them though! Looking at approx £600 for tickets which doesn't strike me as too bad.

Yep I'm really hoping to get a lot of this tournament. Did a decent amount over the last few, including 2008 in Oz. 

Where I am really excited is with the so-called lesser nations. Obviously I'll follow England, looking forward to following Scotland in Newcastle, and really want to see the likes of Jamaica too. And then there are the fans favourites of Tonga, Samoa, Fiji, PNG etc. 

Oh yeah, and Brazil women.... 

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yep I'm really hoping to get a lot of this tournament. Did a decent amount over the last few, including 2008 in Oz. 

Where I am really excited is with the so-called lesser nations. Obviously I'll follow England, looking forward to following Scotland in Newcastle, and really want to see the likes of Jamaica too. And then there are the fans favourites of Tonga, Samoa, Fiji, PNG etc. 

I won’t be going up north midweek (have got tickets for four weekend games) but of all the group games I like the look of Samoa v France and Tonga v PNG the most. 

On 21/09/2020 at 14:48, RigbyLuger said:

I doubt any of those non-normal RL followers will be bothered if England win by plenty either. The "event" will be what leaves the positive impression on people.

thats exactly it.. i even warned them it would be a bit one sided and they said they didnt care... 

12 hours ago, Dave T said:

hoping to add to my list of games to go to also... but need to do it a bit closer to the time.

Personally I would have bought tickets for the England games, the semi at Arsenal, Coventry and Scotland at Newcastle but since there is every chance that this tournament will be delayed until 2022. I am not doing so this time, as to be honest I have no idea what my life and where I am living might be two years on from now.

If It means I miss anything then thats the way the cards fall, and I hope those that do go get to go any enjoy the tournament.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Just bought opening and final tickets and a couple more! Can’t wait 😊

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

On 21/09/2020 at 14:48, Eddie said:

Agreed, just bought tickets for 8 mates from Norfolk to go to the quarter final at the KCOM, 6 of them have never been to an RL game in their life (though to be fair a ###### up in Hull was the big attraction). 

I suppose if you’re from Norfolk, a night out in Hull will seem quite exotic

On 23/09/2020 at 20:23, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Personally I would have bought tickets for the England games, the semi at Arsenal, Coventry and Scotland at Newcastle but since there is every chance that this tournament will be delayed until 2022. I am not doing so this time, as to be honest I have no idea what my life and where I am living might be two years on from now.

If It means I miss anything then thats the way the cards fall, and I hope those that do go get to go any enjoy the tournament.

Pretty much sums up my attitude, I'm gonna wait until much closer to the time to buy tickets. My employment and financial situation is a bit uncertain right now and there's more important things to be spending my money on. I want to go to as many games as possible but I can't be stupid with my money and just spend hundreds on rugby tickets. At least there will be a couple of games in Hull if it turns out I can't make anything else. 

As you say, if that means I miss some great games then so be it, I can still watch what will be the greatest World Cup ever on TV. 

Just got tickets for Emirates and the final. Would be good to get up for a few of the earlier games but will wait and see. Feel like the organisers have worked their bums off to get things in good shape early and, while there's obviously a lot of unknowns, I owed it to them to get some tickets early.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Have a ticket for the final sorted. I expect to get one for the Wheelchair games at the Copper Box and the men's semi final at the Emirates.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

14 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Pretty much sums up my attitude, I'm gonna wait until much closer to the time to buy tickets. My employment and financial situation is a bit uncertain right now and there's more important things to be spending my money on. I want to go to as many games as possible but I can't be stupid with my money and just spend hundreds on rugby tickets. At least there will be a couple of games in Hull if it turns out I can't make anything else. 

As you say, if that means I miss some great games then so be it, I can still watch what will be the greatest World Cup ever on TV. 

completely understandable position. I sort of hope you dont get to go to any as that would mean they have all sold out but apart from the final and the opening game I would guess that none will be full sell outs so delaying is more likely just going to mean you have to spend a little more.. but best to know what you are doing and spend a little more than buy now and regret it.

Archived