Grassroots RL Return

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

My brother has been training tonight, apparently they're looking at doing highly localised leagues.

It's not leagues Tommy. Friendlies only, and you are right on highly localised. A question was raised on one of the our learning zone chats today about whether anything today effects anything. Marc Lovering replied that they were seeking clarification, and we should know by the end of the week. Fixture due to start second weekend of October, was pushed back from the first week, a few weeks ago.

There will be no activity before the weekend of 10th/11th October at the earliest, and discussions with the government taking this place will lead to a further update by the end of the week. If the government still agree to the current plans, it will be up to the RFL Safety Advisory Group to decide whether to proceed to those fixtures.

51 minutes ago, Styx said:

It's not leagues Tommy. Friendlies only, and you are right on highly localised. A question was raised on one of the our learning zone chats today about whether anything today effects anything. Marc Lovering replied that they were seeking clarification, and we should know by the end of the week. Fixture due to start second weekend of October, was pushed back from the first week, a few weeks ago.

Apologies about terminology I meant leagues in terms of groups of clubs, not seriously competitive fixtures to determine anything. How broad that is I'm not sure, council areas? Smaller?

Tommy, I think that depends on where in the country a club is based. I'm in the south, and we have to travel approx  35-40 miles to the other two clubs down here who have expressed an interest. I believe in more heartland areas it could well be council areas, or slightly bigger, but that is just based on the community clubs webinars of about a month ago.

3 hours ago, Styx said:

Tommy, I think that depends on where in the country a club is based. I'm in the south, and we have to travel approx  35-40 miles to the other two clubs down here who have expressed an interest. I believe in more heartland areas it could well be council areas, or slightly bigger, but that is just based on the community clubs webinars of about a month ago.

Cheers, I thought as much and appreciate my comment was only really relevant to heartland areas with multiple clubs within a handful of miles of eachother. Given that local lockdowns have been on a council area basis it could be reasonable for the heartland community game to focus on this too.

2 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

It has been announced that there will be no return to Open Age community games this side of Christmas. However,  Junior fixtures are planned to commence (pending a final review in 2 weeks) from 17/18th October on a fortnightly basis until the end of November. 

Where’ve you heard this from mate?

23 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

Where’ve you heard this from mate?

4 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Possibly confusing this RU announcement?

Fixtures outside of the Premiership, Championship and women's top tier will not be able to take place until at least January 2021.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54289805

No confusion. Communicated to all clubs. I have to say, I think the RFL have dealt brilliantly with the Community Game over the period of Covid. Not everyone is happy with the outcomes, but decisions and communications have been pragmatic, transparent and timely.

10 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

No confusion. Communicated to all clubs. I have to say, I think the RFL have dealt brilliantly with the Community Game over the period of Covid. Not everyone is happy with the outcomes, but decisions and communications have been pragmatic, transparent and timely.

The detail is here: https://www.rugby-league.com/article/57130/return-of-community-rugby-league-action-plan--update-

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived