NRL Match Thread Round 20

Graham

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mahoney burrows through under the posts. This is now a 2-point margin for Wests. Those four missed conversions could cost the Tigers dearly.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Eels get a penalty close to the Wests line and choose to run it instead of equalising. And it pays off! Try to Will Smith.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Commentator "If Kenny Edwards was out there, he'd be having cramp for the whole final minute" :kolobok_biggrin:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Game over. Parramatta leapfrog the Roosters to third place, and Canberra face a sudden-death playoff.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Couple of mad games tonight.....Raiders should dispose of the Sharks next week, who they would meet after that not sure.

Parra vs. Storm in Brisbane, Parra are going to have to throw it around a bit.

Guard of Honour for Benji and Chris Lawrence..nice touch.

How have Parra got to third place in the comp....no way they have been that good.

10 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Couple of mad games tonight.....Raiders should dispose of the Sharks next week, who they would meet after that not sure.

Parra vs. Storm in Brisbane, Parra are going to have to throw it around a bit.

Guard of Honour for Benji and Chris Lawrence..nice touch.

How have Parra got to third place in the comp....no way they have been that good.

Must have been table shows it! 

40 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Out of interest have the Broncos ever finished bottom of the ladder before? 

No. Their previous worst was 2013, when they finished 12th out of 16. They've never ended the season in a double-digit position under Bennett, but have done at least once under their other three coaches (although Seibold didn't see out this season).

Ralph Waldo Emerson

58 minutes ago, Graham said:

Been out on family business. 
Final score

Wests Tigers 24 - 28 Parramatta Eels 

A good match, and I was really hoping Wests would send the battered remains of Benji off with a win, but it was not to be.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just too early for the UKers today.

Just for the sake of completeness here's the results and scorers:

New Zealand Warriors 40 - 28 Manly Sea Eagles

K. Nikorima 15, E. Katoa 18, A. Keighran 22, P. Herbert 25, E. Katoa 31, A. Keighran 55, A. Keighran 65, P. Herbert 74 Tries R. Garrick 4, C. Waddell 8, A. Miski 40, A. Miski 41, T. Paseka 70, B. Parker 79
C. Harris-Tavita 17, C. Harris-Tavita 20, C. Harris-Tavita 33, C. Harris-Tavita 67 Conversions R. Garrick 5, R. Garrick 71

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS 30 - 22 MELBOURNE STORM

M. Dufty 23, T. Frizell 34, Z. Lomax 59, M. Dufty 61, T. Frizell 78 Tries P. Momirovski 10, S. Earl 12, C. Lewis 20, I. Lumelume 30, N. Hynes 72
Z. Lomax 24, Z. Lomax 35, Z. Lomax 60, Z. Lomax 62, Z. Lomax 79 Conversions N. Hynes 73

6 hours ago, Graham said:

Just too early for the UKers today.

Just for the sake of completeness here's the results and scorers:

New Zealand Warriors 40 - 28 Manly Sea Eagles

K. Nikorima 15, E. Katoa 18, A. Keighran 22, P. Herbert 25, E. Katoa 31, A. Keighran 55, A. Keighran 65, P. Herbert 74 Tries R. Garrick 4, C. Waddell 8, A. Miski 40, A. Miski 41, T. Paseka 70, B. Parker 79
C. Harris-Tavita 17, C. Harris-Tavita 20, C. Harris-Tavita 33, C. Harris-Tavita 67 Conversions R. Garrick 5, R. Garrick 71

One , yes one bunker referral in that match. I thought I’d died and gone to heaven . The comms saying that rule change is a no brainer for 2021. It should be a no brainer for the finals . Adam Blair played his last game and missed a tricky conversion 

I just finished catching up on this. I do think Blair should have honoured the tradition of his long career and done something jaw-droppingly stupid in his last appearance.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

45 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I just finished catching up on this. I do think Blair should have honoured the tradition of his long career and done something jaw-droppingly stupid in his last appearance.

I was hoping they brought Glenn Stewart out and they had a rematch for old time sake 

I thought the ‘ tackle ‘ by Max King on Blake Lawrie was cheap and disgusting . That is so so dangerous . Every part of the leg is under stress and could be subject to serious damage . Someone wiser than me will have to tell me how he stayed on the pitch AFTER it’s reviewed by the bunker . That tackle needs sorting and that one needs a long long ban 

Archived